EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 13 Mar 2018, 10:51 PM   #1
jclarkw2

Change Main Account Name?

I am currently using a trial subscription and realize now that (for my paid subscription, which will also include two sub-accounts) I would prefer a different user name for the main account. Is this something tech. support can change for me (for email address as well as for account management), or do I have to cancel the trial account and start over accomplish that? -- jclarkw
jclarkw2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 14 Mar 2018, 04:41 AM   #2
gecko

AFAIK you cannot change your username (i.e. login name). Tech support can do that but I believe to remember having read somewhere that they're sort of reluctant to do so.

However, you can create up to 100 aliases for sending and receiving emails. In my personal opinion, not using your login name as an email address is indeed a security benefit although I know that this view is arguable.

Letting your trial account expire and registering your desired username as a new account is of course also an option (provided it is still available).

Regards,
gecko
gecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Mar 2018, 08:19 AM   #3
jclarkw2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gecko View Post
...Letting your trial account expire and registering your desired username as a new account is of course also an option (provided it is still available)...
gecko
Thanks! I think this will be the easiest way, since I haven't saved very much in my trial account. -- jclarkw2
Old 14 Mar 2018, 11:16 PM   #4
dbowdley
Cornerstone of the Community

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Hello. We can change your username. That's not a problem for us .
dbowdley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Mar 2018, 12:37 AM   #5
jclarkw2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbowdley View Post
I presume I should create a service ticket for this?

I guess I can anticipate some of the consequences, such as my credentials for this forum will then contain an invalid email address. (I guess I can fix this chicken-and-egg problem by changing it to my non-runbox email before you change my username...)

This one is not critical, but will I still be able to access my messages stored in this account? More importantly, will there be consequences that I'm less likely to anticipate? -- jclarkw
Old 15 Mar 2018, 07:51 AM   #6
dbowdley

Representative of:
Runbox.com
It's pretty straightforward really. We change your username to whatever we agree it can change to (obviously some aren't available) and then your old username becomes an alias. That means you don't have to worry about suddenly missing incoming messages. You can then delete the alias yourself if you wish.

No other consequences and your previous mail is still in the account.

Yes, please create a ticket for this if you haven't already. Thank you.
Old 15 Mar 2018, 08:18 PM   #7
jclarkw2

Quote:
...No other consequences and your previous mail is still in the account.

Yes, please create a ticket for this if you haven't already. Thank you.
I suppose my helpdesk registered email will change along with my username?
Will my login passwords (both to the main account and to the helpdesk) and other 2FA credentials (if I've set them up) remain the same?

If so, I'll get submit a ticket as soon as I "get my ducks in a row." -- jclarkw2

Last edited by jclarkw2 : 15 Mar 2018 at 09:29 PM.
Old 16 Mar 2018, 03:10 AM   #8
dbowdley

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by jclarkw2 View Post
I suppose my helpdesk registered email will change along with my username?
Will my login passwords (both to the main account and to the helpdesk) and other 2FA credentials (if I've set them up) remain the same?
The helpdesk registered email will remain the same as it is a separate system, but we can change that for you if you wish and that way you can still access your previous tickets but on the new email address. 2FA and app passwords will be reset so they will need to be set up again.
Old 16 Mar 2018, 04:15 AM   #9
jclarkw2

Quote:
The helpdesk registered email will remain the same as it is a separate system, but we can change that for you if you wish and that way you can still access your previous tickets but on the new email address. 2FA and app passwords will be reset so they will need to be set up again.
OK. I can live with that. (I've now demonstrated that I can use 2FA and app passwords (OTP), so I'm ready to give it a whorl.) I'll send in a service request now. Thanks again! -- jclarkw
Old 29 Mar 2018, 08:54 PM   #10
mekitron

Smile

Quote:
This is what I love the most when it comes to Runbox services. Cheers!
mekitron is offline   Reply With Quote