EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 7 Mar 2015, 03:21 PM   #1
Disco Makberto

Are there still problems with Yandex?

Hi, there!

If you read a previous old thread at:

http://www.emaildiscussions.com/showthread.php?t=64736 ,

you can see that some members were reporting problems of receiving Yandex Mail at Yahoo and AOL (and AIM) accounts. As of now, March 2015, does this problem still persist? What about using the domain yandex.com (as opposed to yandex.ru and others within the service)? Doesn't that make it more appealing (appealing to those services that don't accept Yandex Mail)? You know, I think that Yandex Mail is as good as (or even better than) Google Mail, and I am thinking about registering with Yandex Mail. However, if some services are blocking it, then that would make me reconsider. I understand that Yandex Mail has nothing to do with the problems, but they are still problems. Please let me know how the situation is progressing.

Thank you,

Carlos Albert
Disco Makberto

Last edited by Disco Makberto : 7 Mar 2015 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Correct URL for beginning of mentioned thread
Disco Makberto is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 15 Mar 2015, 04:24 PM   #2
Disco Makberto

No one knows still?

Carlos Albert
Disco Makberto
Old 16 Mar 2015, 03:02 AM   #3
beeboy
Cornerstone of the Community

Sorry, I don't use yahoo or aim so cannot comment on that.

Yandex.com is not a gmail replacement. They do not take security very serious.
They only receive a "B" from qualyss labs ssl testing. Gmail and Zoho receive an "A". I've complained to them about this a few times.

Yandex does not have 2FA. You can use your mobile number to recover your password and that's about it.

I still like Yandex for non-important mail. It is handy and reliable.
beeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2015, 06:24 PM   #4
Disco Makberto

Thanks for replying, beeboy! You see, even if Yandex were better than Google Mail (that is, technically speaking), the fact that Yandex still has issues with Yahoo and AIM (assuming that is still true) would prevent me from registering with Yandex. Hence my interest in knowing the current situation.

Carlos Albert
Disco Makberto
Old 29 Apr 2015, 10:13 PM   #5
DavidCarter

Unhappy

Any progress on this? It is definitely a problem with AOL not Yandex, Yandex delivers successfully to all non-AOL addresses. Is someone at AOL making a puerile political point?
DavidCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2015, 02:17 AM   #6
libCognition

There are a lot of extremely persnickety mail servers on the receiving side that block RFC-compliant legitimate e-mail from legitimate providers for various foolish reasons ranging from political power plays to anti-competitive business to incompetence. If you try to cator for tyrants, you're actually doing everyone a disservice.

The right thing to do is get a service that complies with all the relevant open standards and serves *you* well, and when the recipient refuses delivery then you tell the recipient to get a mail service that works.
libCognition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2015, 06:08 AM   #7
Here today

I use Yandex myself. I just send an e-mail to an old Yahoo e-mail account to test it out. It works fine.
Here today is offline   Reply With Quote