EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 9 Feb 2018, 07:34 PM   #1
davidmaxwaterma
Essential Contributor

Slow Mail?

I've recently started using the FM web interface again after several years of using Gmail/Inbox.

I seem to recall it being really quite nippy, but now it is feeling quite tardy at times. Mostly when deleting a message, it sits there with a 'Deleting...' message at the bottom and the 'waiting' animation in the middle.

Is this how it is now?

(currently, it is 'deleting...' and 'loading...' - not sure why it is taking so long)
davidmaxwaterma is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10 Feb 2018, 03:50 AM   #2
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

I'm in the US and don't see any delay today. But recently Fastmail had some erratic delay issues (more like lockup with the display not updating), and they thought they had fixed these. My guess is that it's related to your location and possibly firewalls you have no control over slowing things down. If it's bothering you I recommend filing a Fastmail support request.

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Feb 2018, 01:25 PM   #3
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Oops ... now I am seeing freezing (not updating messages) erratically. I just sent a not to someone I know at Fastmail so they can look into this again. The issue does not happen consistently.

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Feb 2018, 01:51 AM   #4
TenFour
Master of the @

I see occasional slowing and problems with most Internet services from time to time, though Gmail seems to mostly avoid these due to having so many servers and the infrastructure to reroute around bottlenecks. The nature of the Internet is such that sometimes the route between your computer and the server you are trying to reach can be quite elaborate. When tracing traffic it is not unusual to see that your route does a complete circumnavigation of the globe in order to reach something that would be only a few hundred miles away as the crow flies. This article talks about that.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Feb 2018, 03:40 AM   #5
odedp
Master of the @

OK here

Fastmail (web) works flawlessly for me
odedp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Feb 2018, 03:09 AM   #6
davidmaxwaterma
Essential Contributor

Well, I'm in China now and things seem much better With Fastmail anyway - GMail/Inbox is completely gone (w/o vpn, which I'm trying to avoid).

So, all seems well so far.

I wonder if it is worth me checking up on the alternative servers and making a note. IIRC, there were some in Singapore that worked well last time I was here and using FM (with TB though)....

Oh, bummer

https://blog.fastmail.com/2012/04/30...-discontinued/
davidmaxwaterma is offline   Reply With Quote