EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 7 Dec 2001, 08:50 PM   #1
MarkD

New Pop-Link Header

Hi All,

Just noticed the following on the latest news page:

"Retrieving email from a pop link now adds a header to the email of 'X-LinkName: <pop link name>'. You can now use this header on the rules screen to direct messages retrieved from a link into a folder."

Superb - sounds just like what I've been looking for. Just to clarify though, to make this work I need to specify:

- Look in any header

and specify what text exactly??

Am I right in guessing that <pop link name> is just the label or display name I selected for each of the pop links, which could have been absolutely anything not even necessarily related to the server or login names - e.g. "my work stuff"?

By the way guys, thanks v. much for adding this!

Mark
MarkD is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 7 Dec 2001, 09:36 PM   #2
Jeremy Howard
Ultimate Contributor

Your guesses are all exactly right.

I will be adding a 'POP Link name' item in the popups at some point, but for now you have to use 'Any Header'. Rob looks after the POP stuff, while I look after the Rules stuff, and we didn't coordinate too well on making sure that these two changes happened at the same time!
Jeremy Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Dec 2001, 03:34 AM   #3
neerav

Re: New Pop-Link Header

Quote:
"Retrieving email from a pop link now adds a header to the email of 'X-LinkName: <pop link name>'. You can now use this header on the rules screen to direct messages retrieved from a link into a folder."
<Monty Python and the Holy Grail>
And there was MUCH rejoicing. Yaaaaaaay!
</Monty Python>

I had been holding my breath for this, and here it is!

By the end of next week, I will never have to logon to any other email provider, hopefully forever....

And this makes it much easier to filter messages in Eudora, and keep all my multiple personalities. (I'm on medication for that )

GREAT WORK!!

--Neerav
neerav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Dec 2001, 06:35 AM   #4
Jeremy Howard
Ultimate Contributor

Re: Re: New Pop-Link Header

Quote:
Originally posted by neerav
<Monty Python and the Holy Grail>
And there was MUCH rejoicing. Yaaaaaaay!
</Monty Python>
Sorry, we use Perl, not Python. Therefore there will be no further Monty Python quotes. You may select from any of the officially sanctioned Larry Wall quotes for future reference.

By order, Management.
Jeremy Howard is offline   Reply With Quote