EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 31 Dec 2001, 12:56 AM   #1
guestee

Cancelling fastmail account

Is there any feature to cancel a fastmail account? I wish to change my current username to another.
guestee is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 31 Dec 2001, 02:27 AM   #2
dartsmaster

I think you just need to email webmasterATfastmailDOTfm to request a change of username
dartsmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Dec 2001, 05:49 AM   #3
ikxu

I second it!

Yes, write to webmaster and ask them what you want done.
Jeremy and Rob are very good at accomodating requests if they can be accomodated.
Remember though that they are in Australia and they answer according to the time they are up.
ikxu
ikxu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Dec 2001, 06:34 AM   #4
neerav

Re: I second it!

Quote:
Originally posted by ikxu
Remember though that they are in Australia and they answer according to the time they are up.
Which is approximately 26 hours of the day....
--Neerav
neerav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jan 2002, 08:27 AM   #5
svl

...or is there in fastmail.fm something like "if you dont use your account for 60 days we will delete it!"???.. i really hate this
svl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jan 2002, 08:40 AM   #6
Jeremy Howard
Ultimate Contributor

No. We may add this for non-members in the future because there's a lot of inactive accounts at the moment. If we do we'll give plenty of warning and make sure we provide a mechanism to put an account "on hold" while you go on holiday or whatever.
Jeremy Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jan 2002, 08:13 PM   #7
piper

I'd have to agree. Jeremy and Rob as excellent when it comes to helping out. The replies are often in your inbox immediately.

If you do terminate unopened inboxes, Jeremy, how do you go about informing the owner? And what criterion do you use for cancelling accounts? Not checking? Not receiving mail? And how long should an account remain unused before you cancel it in the future?
piper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jan 2002, 09:07 PM   #8
Jeremy Howard
Ultimate Contributor

These are all open questions at this stage. "Unused" would almost certainly be based on logging in. Length of time may be around 60 days, but I'm not sure. Accounts over quota have to be cleaned up more quickly (currently the over-quota notification gives you a week to clean up the account, since most accounts over quota for over a week in the past have been accounts used to sign up for lots of big mailing lists and then forgetten).

All account notifications are sent to your FastMail.FM address and your backup email address (which you chose when you signed up, and can change by emailing webmasterATfastmailDOTfm).
Old 23 Jan 2002, 07:11 AM   #9
piper

Does logging in require having to log in at the site, or can you track POP log ins?

Thanks so much!
piper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jan 2002, 07:14 AM   #10
Jeremy Howard
Ultimate Contributor

POP/IMAP/SMTP is fine.