EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 14 Jul 2010, 05:31 AM   #1
ezfig

Reject rule doesn't reject

According to fastmail: "Although we will stop spam from known sources, some will still creep through. Any email that matches phrases you enter into this table will be discarded."

So I created one rule to reject subject=Online Career Finder yesterday, and today in my junk mail folder I found ten emails with the subject "Online Career Finder."

Likewise I create a rule to reject any email with "sex" in the subject, and likewise fastmail functions like a leaky condom, and I find sex in my junk mail.

If you know what I mean. Any ideas?
ezfig is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 14 Jul 2010, 12:23 PM   #2
yassarali
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
Fastmail.FM
Make sure you recompile your rules after changes to the "Define Rules" screen.

The first thing to check would be if you have recompiled the rules

Basically, after you make any changes to the "Options->Define Rules" screen, you need to press the "Apply all changes" button ("Done" button if you are using the "Old Interface") on top of the screen for the rules to recompile and changes to take effect.

So, can you please go to your "Define Rules" screen, press the "Apply all changes" button on top and then see if the rules are working as expected?

-Yassar.
yassarali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jul 2010, 01:02 AM   #3
ezfig

Thanks. I'm aware of that glitch in Fastmail (don't know how else to describe having to save changes twice in order for them to take effect). But I did "Apply All Changes" and sent myself an email with "Online Career Finder" as the subject and it did not make it through.
ezfig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jul 2010, 01:41 AM   #4
yassarali
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
Fastmail.FM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezfig View Post
But I did "Apply All Changes" and sent myself an email with "Online Career Finder" as the subject and it did not make it through.
Mmm.. I would need to look into the headers of the emails and your rules to see why they aren't being filtered as expected. Can you please submit a support ticket about this?

After you login through the webinterface, at the bottom of every page you have a "Start here" link beside the "Need help?" text. Clicking on that would take you to the "Support Form". You can submit a support ticket there referring to this thread and I'll get back to you there.

-Yassar.
yassarali is offline   Reply With Quote