EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 27 Aug 2014, 03:02 PM   #196
jarland
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
MXRoute.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamlau View Post
I like it . All of mxroute.com now defaults to:

TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256

With the lone exception of mxroute.com:8083/login/ (VestaCP):

TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_RC4_128_SHA
And..... fixed
jarland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Aug 2014, 05:09 AM   #197
FromNL

Service looks good, so I subscribed for an account. Support seems to be very slow ....
FromNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Aug 2014, 08:05 AM   #198
jarland
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
MXRoute.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromNL View Post
Service looks good, so I subscribed for an account. Support seems to be very slow ....
Glad to have you!

You may want to log in to the billing area and check your tickets. There are no unanswered tickets. However, half of our ticket replies bounce because we reply too fast and too many people sign up with the email address they plan on moving to MXroute
Old 29 Aug 2014, 08:08 AM   #199
randian
Cornerstone of the Community

I see there are some new billing plans available!
randian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Aug 2014, 08:33 AM   #200
jarland
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
MXRoute.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by randian View Post
I see there are some new billing plans available!
It's true! It's incredible how many sales we were losing to just wanting more on this or that. The other plans were carefully calculated and couldn't be adjusted much, but these are priced solely on what we need to be able to provide the disk space and server resources, and I think a lot of people are going to like that model.
Old 29 Aug 2014, 08:55 AM   #201
randian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarland View Post
It's true! It's incredible how many sales we were losing to just wanting more on this or that. The other plans were carefully calculated and couldn't be adjusted much, but these are priced solely on what we need to be able to provide the disk space and server resources, and I think a lot of people are going to like that model.
The new plans are reminiscent of Rollernet, where you pay for an allocation of disk space and bandwidth, rather than a fixed number of accounts and domains. Since I care more about the number of accounts and domains than storage since they're all relatively low volume, something like an MX350 with less storage would be ideal, but I don't know how much lower you can profitably price such a plan.
Old 29 Aug 2014, 08:59 AM   #202
emebrs
Essential Contributor

What about inactivity at MXroute? Is there a use it or lose it policy?
emebrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Aug 2014, 09:40 AM   #203
ReuvenNY

Where are the descriptions of the various plans? Any comparison charts?
ReuvenNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Aug 2014, 10:04 AM   #204
randian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReuvenNY View Post
On the main page.
Old 29 Aug 2014, 10:55 AM   #205
adamlau

Anyone else getting logged out of their Z-Push accounts today? Is the server still mxroute.com? UPDATE: Might have run up against the 'one [Z-Push] account per device' policy.
adamlau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Aug 2014, 11:23 AM   #206
jarland
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
MXRoute.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by randian View Post
The new plans are reminiscent of Rollernet, where you pay for an allocation of disk space and bandwidth, rather than a fixed number of accounts and domains. Since I care more about the number of accounts and domains than storage since they're all relatively low volume, something like an MX350 with less storage would be ideal, but I don't know how much lower you can profitably price such a plan.
I love Rollernet. They really have such a great product. I submit that the best way to be a provider is to be a customer, and hands down they are superior to MXroute in features. They really have a great thing going.

Lower disk space would suit some, but I would rather sell you more than you need for less than you would pay at another host for a smaller amount of disk space. The reason I do this is that I don't want you to have to worry about disk at all, but I don't want you to exceed what I know I can profit from. Profit is good, because it ensures that the quality scales with growth. What is even better is the client knowing they have more disk space than they will use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emebrs View Post
What about inactivity at MXroute? Is there a use it or lose it policy?
Definitely not. I do not monitor activity frequency in any way and have no intention to do so. The way that I chose to prevent excessive idle accounts was to slowly narrow the gateway to free products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReuvenNY View Post
To me they're pretty straight forward as is, but I know everyone doesn't think the same way so feel free to point out anything you think should be more clear, or ask any questions. I'm really committed to MXroute being the "simple" e-mail host.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamlau View Post
Anyone else getting logged out of their Z-Push accounts today? Is the server still mxroute.com? UPDATE: Might have run up against the 'one [Z-Push] account per device' policy.
Yeah this is something I'm a bit lost on. Z-Push supports multiple accounts per device in the current version. In theory it works, and multiple active sessions are recognized and kept open in the application. In practice, one works and the rest fail. This is a limitation I would very much like to see removed and I am watching the developers and community contributors very closely. I have performed many alterations to Z-Push already and there are a few more I would like to do before I would consider it something I am 100% pleased with.

If you need me to clear the sessions for your device feel free to drop me a ticket.
Old 30 Aug 2014, 06:33 PM   #207
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

MXroute.org Beta users please read:

https://mxroute.com/beta.html
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Aug 2014, 07:36 PM   #208
randian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredOnline View Post
MXroute.org Beta users please read:
Bummer. Oh well, one less little-used account to keep track of.
Old 1 Sep 2014, 02:46 AM   #209
emebrs
Essential Contributor

FredOnline, how did you find that link? I don't understand exactly what is being discontinued.
emebrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Sep 2014, 03:14 AM   #210
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

I follow @MXroute on Twitter, but the announcement of the beta was in this thread - post #113.
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote