EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 1 Mar 2014, 10:46 PM   #1
andrej

Strange issues with using web interface on iPod touch 5

Greetings.
When I go to a folder that contains a message, and I tap on the message to show it, then I tap on the starburst-shaped symbol (still learning how to navigate on my iPod) to highlight it, then I go back to the folder to see all my messages... The checkbox beside the message I just viewed doesn't work properly. Instead, tapping on the checkbox after doing this sequence takes me back inside the message, and instead it does not actually highlight the checkbox.

Also, when I tap on a message, I don't see a way to reply to a message when I'm viewing it.

Also, when I do reply to a message, the bottom of the message display gets cut off.

Last edited by andrej : 1 Mar 2014 at 11:16 PM.
andrej is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 2 Mar 2014, 12:56 AM   #2
CyberDyne
Master of the @

Is this iOS 7 ?

If the iPod 5 is anywhere near the same as the iPhone 5, then scrolling to the bottom of the message you should see a link saying 'Download / Display the full message' ....or something similar.

Regarding replying when reading an email, there should be an arrow at the bottom of the screen. If not, try restarting your device by holding down both the 'Home' and 'Lock' buttons for 5+ seconds.

Although to be honest, this sounds like an Apple community forum question as opposed to a Fastmail support one.

Last edited by CyberDyne : 2 Mar 2014 at 01:01 AM.
CyberDyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Mar 2014, 04:10 AM   #3
andrej

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberDyne View Post
Is this iOS 7 ?
Yes.

Quote:
If the iPod 5 is anywhere near the same as the iPhone 5, then scrolling to the bottom of the message you should see a link saying 'Download / Display the full message' ....or something similar.
I have never seen this message before and it does not exist.

Quote:
Regarding replying when reading an email, there should be an arrow at the bottom of the screen.
There is now, but wait, this wasn't there before. Someone must have changed the interface between when I started the thread and now when I reply. I had never seen any such "reply" arrows at the bottom of the message before but now I do see them for the first time.

But there is another change to the interface. Before I created this thread, the only way for me to reply to an email on my iPod was to go back to Folder view, select a message using the checkbox (which still works only sometimes), and then tap Reply. Now the only way for me to reply to the message as far as I can see is to use the little "reply" arrow in the view display of the message.
Old 2 Jun 2015, 11:43 PM   #4
andrej

I am still having problems with browsing Fastmail on my iPod touch, now on iOS 8.

[1] I have a purposely hidden folder. When I use my laptop, I can click on the Search field to reveal that folder as usual. But there is no way for me to do this on the mobile interface, so I can never access this folder in the mobile interface. Can you fix this?

[2] Also, three times this morning, iOS 8 Safari locked up and quit on me. The first time I was using Advanced search and trying to change an entry in one of the fields, the I touched the screen and it locked up (froze on the screen for 30 seconds then quit). The second time, I was scrolling through a message in one of my folders, and it locked up. The third time, I was typing this message.

What's going on with the mobile interface?
Old 3 Jun 2015, 12:40 AM   #5
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrej View Post
I am still having problems with browsing Fastmail on my iPod touch, now on iOS 8.

[1] I have a purposely hidden folder. When I use my laptop, I can click on the Search field to reveal that folder as usual. But there is no way for me to do this on the mobile interface, so I can never access this folder in the mobile interface. Can you fix this?
Clink the Find link at the bottom of the folder tree in iOS. This reveals the hidden folders and allows you to search for a folder.

I see lock ups and crashes on iOS 8.3 unrelated to Fastmail use.

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Jun 2015, 12:44 AM   #6
andrej

Where is the folder tree? I don't see a tree or a Find link anywhere. At the bottom of my iOS I see left arrow, right arrow, a rectangle up icon which doesn't have a Find link inside, bookmarks, and a double square.
Old 3 Jun 2015, 12:54 AM   #7
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Sorry - I was using an iPad. You are correct - using an iPhone I see that Find is missing.
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jul 2015, 12:05 AM   #8
andrej

[1] isn't fixed, although I found a workaround, to do an Advanced Search, then navigate to the pull-down menu and select the folder that I want and search for all messages in it.

[2] still keeps happening, your webmail interface still keeps crashing my iPod Touch on iOS 8.4. I will be in the middle of composing an email, and then it will just freeze my iPod for like a minute and then it'll take me back to the home screen. Fortunately a copy of the email with the last word that I entered before it crashed will be in my Drafts folder. But the crash seems to happen just as the draft gets saved. Why does the crash still happen?