EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 16 Sep 2004, 11:45 PM   #1
Chipper
Master of the @

My Stylesheet Mysteriously Changed

I have been using Slim Blue/Yellow for several months now. However, when I signed on this morning, it was Professional Blue. I never went into account settings to change anything. Strange.
Chipper is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 16 Sep 2004, 11:49 PM   #2
weaver4
Essential Contributor

Chpper; several people have noticed that when they got moved over to the new server(s) their style got lost.

So this is good news, you got moved to a new server.
weaver4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Sep 2004, 12:10 AM   #3
Chipper
Master of the @

Hi weaver4 -
Thanks for the quick reply and information. Hopefully this is still good news -- this same thing happened a while back and I simply said to myself, "hmm that's strange" and fixed it without posting anything. This time I decided, "ok one time is an anomaly, twice could be signs of a problem." Hopefully this doesn't mean I got moved to the new server the first time it happened and then moved back to the old server the second time it happened.
Chipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Sep 2004, 12:41 AM   #4
Daniel S

Did you run the Account Problems link?
Old 17 Sep 2004, 02:20 AM   #5
audelair
Essential Contributor

yep i experienced the same thing today. Just went back into the options to change it back to my custom SS
audelair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Sep 2004, 03:35 AM   #6
schmoe
Essential Contributor

I shouldn't have to update my settings

This same thing happened to me.

Don't mean to be petty here, but the server change should be transparent to me. This is internal implementation stuff. I shouldn't have to re-specify settings I've already specified.
schmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Sep 2004, 06:08 AM   #7
Jeremy Howard
Ultimate Contributor

Re: I shouldn't have to update my settings

Quote:
Originally posted by schmoe
Don't mean to be petty here, but the server change should be transparent to me. This is internal implementation stuff. I shouldn't have to re-specify settings I've already specified.
Absolutely right - sorry about that. I'm off to try to fix that bug now!

(It won't set you back to the right stylesheet, sorry - it will just mean it won't happen again in the future).
Jeremy Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Sep 2004, 06:36 AM   #8
catspec

Cool style sheet change

Thanks Jeremy for the response...actually when mine suddenly changed I thought "HHMmm...a good time to go see all those SS I forgot about and the ones I haven't seen!" So, had some fun...and have another SS for a change of pace...oh the fun to be had.
catspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Sep 2004, 07:03 AM   #9
SusanUKF
Intergalactic Postmaster

I have five accounts and change the style sheets around all the time, it is excellent!!

Susan.
SusanUKF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Sep 2004, 04:32 PM   #10
fryr

Same here this morning. I now have to waste time trawling through the style sheets and resolution settings to try and find what it was set at before. I spent an hour or so some months back finding one that worked for me. What a waste of time when all I really want to do is read my email.
No help from http://www.fastmail.fm/docs/gallery/gallery.htm as this reports error 404 not found.
fryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Sep 2004, 08:01 PM   #11
SusanUKF
Intergalactic Postmaster

It is not like it affects our emails or anything, just the background, and I personally think it is fun to change them sometimes.

Susan.
SusanUKF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Sep 2004, 10:14 PM   #12
Gankaku

The change prompted me to try another sheet. I've been using the same one for awhile. We all need a change now and again, right?
Gankaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Sep 2004, 02:06 AM   #13
audelair
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally posted by SusanUKF
It is not like it affects our emails or anything, just the background, and I personally think it is fun to change them sometimes.

Susan.
with all due respect, not everyone has as much fun as you do with changing stylesheets. I personally didn't mind when it happened to me, but shmoe and fryr do have a point. Why should our settings change? As soon as my stylesheet changed, I couldn't help but take a glance through all my settings to make sure some of the more important settings didn't change as well.
audelair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Sep 2004, 02:17 AM   #14
DBH

Jeremy did just post that it was a bug he was trying to fix.
DBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Sep 2004, 03:48 AM   #15
DianeB
Cornerstone of the Community

RE: The above posters that seem annoyed at having to do a 'search' to find their old stylesheet.

Why couldn't they just save their favorite stylesheet on c drive or in their file storage? Then *if* it happened to get lost again, it's a cinch to switch back to the one you prefer.

That's what happened to me when I saw prof blue SS. I just went to my options & changed it back to my custom.css on c drive. Worked like a charm & only took a matter of seconds.

Ah ha!! I see where 'audelair' did the same.

~Diane

Of course, I have mine saved in about 10 places, as I don't dare want to loose the 'tweaking' that 's a' was so kind to do, making the font size larger for me when composing emails. I'm eternally grateful for him taking the time to do that for me, as it certainly helps these tired old eyes of mine.
DianeB is offline   Reply With Quote