EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 16 Aug 2005, 02:40 AM   #1
bellyman69

Full Members file storage reduced from 60MB to 30MB?

Somehow I read about increases (March 2005, Major increase in file and attachment sizes ) yet today I discovered we have been reduced from 60MB to 30MB in the file storage area.

Odd since the norm in the industry lately has been to increase services (Rogers+Yahoo has moved the mail to 2GB storage for all primary/sub accounts). I was sort of miffed by the fact that enhanced had 250MB and we had only 60MB. I was expecting a ratio more in line with 100MB.

(Mind you: not automatically agreeing the 250MB is right or wrong)

And to really make me miffed, the one time payers have more than half of what I have, and I pay yearly!

Something wrong with this picture.

Otherwise I love the email service and recommend it whenever I get the chance.

cheers
belly
bellyman69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 16 Aug 2005, 03:14 AM   #2
adthomas

Re: Full Members file storage reduced from 60MB to 30MB?

Quote:
Originally posted by bellyman69
Somehow I read about increases (March 2005, Major increase in file and attachment sizes ) yet today I discovered we have been reduced from 60MB to 30MB in the file storage area.
I could be wrong but I don't remember the File storage quota for full accounts ever being 60MB. The last page I was able to find on the Internet Archive (26 Nov 04) lists Full account file storage as 30MB.
Quote:
Originally posted by bellyman69
And to really make me miffed, the one time payers have more than half of what I have, and I pay yearly!
Member accounts have just 1MB of File Storage space compared with 30MB for full accounts.
adthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Aug 2005, 03:36 AM   #3
bellyman69

Re: Re: Full Members file storage reduced from 60MB to 30MB?

Quote:
Originally posted by adthomas
.. lists Full account file storage as 30MB.

Member accounts have just 1MB of File Storage space compared with 30MB for full accounts.
Well I must either be going insane or something else is wrong.

You are right on the member I was reading the wrong column. Ok we have 30MB. Part of me will agree with you - 600MB 60MB.. in my head.. but part of me thinks we had 60MB.

So I will side with you and end the discussion.

thanks.
belly
bellyman69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Aug 2005, 03:55 AM   #4
David
Ultimate Contributor

Re: Re: Full Members file storage reduced from 60MB to 30MB?

Quote:
Originally posted by adthomas
I
Very true adthomas, but I do feel that the full account is lacking (in a few ways) it is not a good deal anymore (like it used to be) Upgrading the amount of file storage, would make the full account more valuable.

I recently downgraded (to member) when I found out that I would have to upgrade to enhanced (or pay about the same amount of cash) in order to host my personal domain -- I ended up hosting elswhere, and getting a mass of features that Fastmail do not even offer to enhanced members (at a lesser cost that what I was paying for full)

I do miss my Fastmail file storage though

Three years ago Fastmail was the best (of the best) Now it has been overtaken and is not even playing catch up.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Aug 2005, 06:22 AM   #5
catspec

Bought and paid for...

Way back before the upgrades I paid for loads of space - both file storage and mailbox, so my full membership still is the best thing out there...OH...I could have griped about having paid for it just before extra space was given, but I bought a lot and have plenty. I recommend buying what you need. It is a one-time purchase.
catspec is offline   Reply With Quote