EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 1 Feb 2017, 11:08 AM   #211
astrodog73

Quote:
Originally Posted by horatio8 View Post
There are people in this thread threatening a class action lawsuit because they $15 spent 15 years ago and want lifetime email? 15 years in internet time is a lifetime. You got lucky paying only a $1 a year for a great service. Now let's move on and stop being ridiculous.
I'm sure the law firms are circling at the chance to represent this one..... should be worth at least $375..... lol
astrodog73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Feb 2017, 04:55 PM   #212
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

That's why FM feels it can break the Member contracts with impunity. Nobody is going to sue them to get $15 back.
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Feb 2017, 06:47 PM   #213
neoforum

Quote:
Originally Posted by janusz View Post
That's why FM feels it can break the Member contracts with impunity. Nobody is going to sue them to get $15 back.
Screwing their early customers means they lose their reputation as a company that delivers what it sells. That can never be regained and could cost them a lot more than $15.
neoforum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Feb 2017, 10:18 PM   #214
ar45

Comment deleted by ar45

Last edited by ar45 : 2 Feb 2017 at 04:06 AM.
ar45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Feb 2017, 12:17 AM   #215
sflorack
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoforum View Post
Screwing their early customers means they lose their reputation as a company that delivers what it sells. That can never be regained and could cost them a lot more than $15.
Only some that have received 10 years of email service for $15 (which FM will refund) think they're getting "screwed".

Aren't we all beating a dead horse at this point?
sflorack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Feb 2017, 12:48 AM   #216
mballas
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflorack View Post
Only some that have received 10 years of email service for $15 (which FM will refund) think they're getting "screwed".

Even the US Senate doesn't filibuster this long.
mballas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Feb 2017, 12:30 PM   #217
Bamb0
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflorack

Interestingly BRONG hasnt said a thing in awhile now......
Bamb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Feb 2017, 05:57 PM   #218
Terry
The "e" in e-mail

As a company they have made their decision and it looks like they don't want to talk about it. I suppose in reality they do have to pay the bills and have to make company decisions round this.

Also it must be really complicated with lots of old scripts and trying to keep them working in a modern environment.

Customers do have lots of options and some of us have to realise computers have to eventually be updated or they wont work.
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Feb 2017, 08:00 PM   #219
jchevali

Maybe people in control of FastMail are aliens from space, and this is their first step towards full-scale invasion.

Aliens often disguise as business men because the suit attire is easy to fake, and Earth natives tend to trust it.
jchevali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Feb 2017, 08:43 PM   #220
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamb0 View Post
Interestingly BRONG hasnt said a thing in awhile now......
Bron is a smart individual. Even if he agrees with the decision (and we cannot be sure he does) there is no point arguing with people in this thread who are (in my opinion with some justification) upset at this development. I expect Bron has skimmed the thread but, unless we ask specific questions that he considers constructive, we should not expect further contributions.
BritTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Feb 2017, 03:39 PM   #221
samhu

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritTim View Post
Bron is a smart individual.
And this is a valid reason for "no comment" from him here? He did after all start the thread.

Last edited by samhu : 4 Feb 2017 at 03:56 PM.
samhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Feb 2017, 04:02 PM   #222
rando

With the shutting down of the classic UI and member accounts, I'm sadly leaving. But I need to download my emails. Will https://www.fastmail.com/help/clients/outlook.html do that? It says to choose POP or IMAP, but then to fill in IMAP.

Is there a better no-frills email client I can download my email to? (I haven't used a non-webmail client in awhile.)
rando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Feb 2017, 09:33 PM   #223
jchevali

Have you heard of MailStore Home?
jchevali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Feb 2017, 03:28 AM   #224
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhu View Post
And this is a valid reason for "no comment" from him here? He did after all start the thread.
He decided (and I respect him for this) to be transparent about what I think is a bad decision. I believe he is open to questions regarding whether FastMail might be willing to take specific actions to ameliorate the impact. Bron is a representative of FastMail, but you should not automatically assume everyone at FastMail approves of the decision. If Bron disapproves, he cannot say so (unless he wants to resign first which would be a disaster for all of us IMHO). If he agrees with the decision, an argument with people in this thread who (with some justification) have reacted emotionally to the situation would be counterproductive. Bron did not start the thread in order to start a flame war.

I can be wrong, but my reading is that Bron is sympathetic, and willing to help where he as an individual constructively can. However, his ability to help is limited.
BritTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Feb 2017, 04:07 AM   #225
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

I see no point in second guessing Bron's motivation.

Here's a previous and very honest Bron post:

http://www.emaildiscussions.com/show...7&postcount=11

There are some FastMail staff contributors to this forum where PR is obviously not amongst their better skills, but Bron is an exception.

I welcome and look forward to his future contributions to this forum.
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote