EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 21 Sep 2021, 05:58 AM   #1
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

Font Size

Does Fastmail have a default font size ? Thanks
sheprd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 23 Sep 2021, 08:51 PM   #2
hans2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheprd View Post
Does Fastmail have a default font size ? Thanks
If I understand your question correctly, the answer is "yes".

Is there some issue?
hans2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Sep 2021, 01:02 AM   #3
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

Thanks hans 2010 i appreciate your help
sheprd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Sep 2021, 09:36 AM   #4
hans2010

No prob. Just to add...

Your FastMail "Settings" page has a setting called "Text Size", which defaults to what they call "Standard". So I take it that FastMail's default font size, whatever it is, is what you get with this default setting.

Aside from that, if you click on "Show advanced preferences", there's another setting, "UI Font", which has choices "System font" (which appears to be the default, and further depends on the settings in your OS) and "Proxima Nova".

A few peculiarities...

For unknown reasons, the FastMail "Settings" page offers more "Text Size" choices if you're using Google Chrome than if you're using Mozilla Firefox.

Also for unknown reasons, the "Text Size" setting is stored on the browser side, not the server side. That means if you aren't retaining cookies, or you sometimes use a different device (like a public computer), you'll have to re-select the "Text Size" in future sessions (if you don't want the default).

Also, just recently I'm seeing a font problem that I believe to be caused by Firefox version 92 on Windows. My usual settings in FastMail are "UI Font" = "System font" and "Text Size" = "Large". Now, the font just looks weird, and is excessively compressed horizontally, and therefore harder to read. The workaround is to either set "Proxima Nova" in the FastMail settings, or set "layout.css.system_ui.enabled" to "false" in the Firefox about:config.

Last edited by hans2010 : 24 Sep 2021 at 09:44 AM.
Old 29 Sep 2021, 04:30 PM   #5
campellob
= Permanently banned =

For unknown reasons, FastMail's Settings page offers more "Text Size" options if you're using Google Chrome than if you're using Mozilla Firefox. The "Text Size" option is saved on the browser side, not on the server-side. This means that if you don't keep cookies or sometimes use a different device (such as a public computer), you'll have to reselect "Text Size" in future sessions (unless you want to use the default). I use a font from upfonts.com since I really liked watching the storied toy as a kid.

Last edited by campellob : 2 Oct 2021 at 09:19 PM.
campellob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Sep 2021, 05:17 PM   #6
hans2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanhodg View Post
Hi, tell me, did you manage to customize the fonts?
I was able to do what I specified in my earlier message. It works for my purposes.

Was there any particular thing in my earlier message that didn't work for you? If so, which thing was it, and what did you see on the screen that was different from what I said I saw?
Old 30 Sep 2021, 05:32 PM   #7
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by hans2010 View Post
I was able to do what I specified in my earlier message. It works for my purposes.

Was there any particular thing in my earlier message that didn't work for you? If so, which thing was it, and what did you see on the screen that was different from what I said I saw?
I suspect the post was only for spamming purposes, and I've asked the mods to check it out.
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote