EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 18 Feb 2004, 07:33 AM   #1
Spin
The "e" in e-mail

Arrow Funwebmail.com

Just discovered another hivemail provider...

FunWebMail

Quote:
FunWebmail.com, the place for free webmail with a little fun added.

Your free account has the following major features but there's way too many great features to list them all here

10mb storage - 5 times as much as other free web mail providers.
Attachments of up to 2mb.
Access from anywhere using any Web Browser.
State of the art spam protection.
Read all your POP3 accounts from one place, here!
No obtrusive advertising (yes, we do mean popups!) EVER!
Address Book.
Calendar
Much, much more.
If you already have an account, login straight below this. If you’d like to signup for a great, fun web mail account, go to the bottom of the page to start the quick and simple free registration process.
Spin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 18 Feb 2004, 03:01 PM   #2
FMRocks
The "e" in e-mail

With all these great services with nice interfaces, people still use Hotmail. What is that they say... ignorance is bliss?
FMRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Feb 2004, 03:15 PM   #3
LrdVader
The "e" in e-mail

Hotmail does have stability going for it, though. How many of these services are really going to survive as long as Hotmail has? I fear not many
LrdVader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Feb 2004, 03:56 AM   #4
Spin
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally posted by LrdVader
Hotmail does have stability going for it, though. How many of these services are really going to survive as long as Hotmail has? I fear not many
I agree. Hotmail is really reliable. And it will be around for awhile.

_________
Spin
Spin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Feb 2004, 12:55 PM   #5
Fahd
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
Fadmail.com
Very true...you'll find a lot of hivemail providers on shared $5/month hosting plans!
Fahd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Feb 2004, 10:14 PM   #6
rob_au
Master of the @

Representative of:
Bluebottle.com
Quote:
Originally posted by LrdVader
Whilst Hotmail is certainly one of the gold-standards against which other web-mail services are measured, increasingly over the last few months, there has been ancedotal evidence of more aggressive filtering of mail coming into Hotmail accounts. This has caused some problems for partner companies who have been employing email for various forms of application notifications who have reported that some dispatched mail has been disappearing on-route to Hotmail users.
rob_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Feb 2004, 10:35 PM   #7
kander
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
If Ignorance is Bliss... then why aren't more people happy?
-- Unknown
This quote came to mind. I think that although Hotmail is considered to be a standard, most people aren't really happy with it, but aren't even aware that there are alternatives, or are afraid to plunge into the deep unknown as that would require [gasp volume="60%"]Technical Knowledge[/gasp]. A lot of my friends are really scared witless of doing anything on computers/the internet that goes beyond what they already know. Someone set them up with a Hotmail account, and they know how to use it. They do know there are people who use Other Things (as one of them so eloquently put it) for their email, but they have no idea where to start when looking... usually it takes me and a pointer to Emailaddresses.com to get them started.

--K
kander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Feb 2004, 03:03 AM   #8
FMRocks
The "e" in e-mail

I actually had somebody tell me, "I use hotmail because their servers are more secure than others." Go figure.
FMRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Feb 2004, 04:10 AM   #9
Spin
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally posted by FMRocks
I actually had somebody tell me, "I use hotmail because their servers are more secure than others." Go figure.
LOL . They have improved alot though.

Old 20 Feb 2004, 04:59 AM   #10
SusanUKF
Intergalactic Postmaster

I signed up for a free account because the domain name was cute(good reason,eh??)Thanks Spin! Susan.
SusanUKF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Feb 2004, 05:00 AM   #11
Spin
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally posted by SusanUKF
I signed up for a free account because the domain name was cute(good reason,eh??)Thanks Spin! Susan.
Your Welcome The domain is pretty cool

Old 20 Feb 2004, 07:26 AM   #12
LrdVader
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally posted by rob_au
Whilst Hotmail is certainly one of the gold-standards against which other web-mail services are measured, increasingly over the last few months, there has been ancedotal evidence of more aggressive filtering of mail coming into Hotmail accounts.
By stability, I mean the fact that it's been there for years and isn't going away anytime soon. I in no way meant to imply that it's an especially good service. I mean for pete's sake, I went into the compose screen the other day and it wanted to install a plug-in for handling attachments! HUH? Every other mail service manages attachments just fine without installing special software on my system, why can't they!?
LrdVader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Feb 2004, 12:59 AM   #13
Dave P in StLouis
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally posted by FMRocks
With all these great services with nice interfaces, people still use Hotmail. What is that they say... ignorance is bliss?
Same with ISP's. It amazes me that people still sign up with AOL when there are other providers (even major ones like Prodigy, Juno, etc.) that are just as good, don't charge nearly as much, and aren't intent on polluting the planet with their insidious disks nobody wants. Sorry, end of rant.

Best wishes,
David P.
Dave P in StLouis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Feb 2004, 03:08 AM   #14
xmailer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave P in StLouis
Same with ISP's. It amazes me that people still sign up with AOL when there are other providers (even major ones like Prodigy, Juno, etc.) that are just as good, don't charge nearly as much, and aren't intent on polluting the planet with their insidious disks nobody wants. Sorry, end of rant.
That's okay, I couldn't resist at least one "dig" at AOL and its users this week myself.

http://www.emaildiscussions.com/...716#post173716
xmailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Feb 2004, 02:57 AM   #15
robert@fm
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave P in StLouis
Cartoon

Last edited by robert@fm : 5 Apr 2004 at 03:27 AM.
robert@fm is offline   Reply With Quote