EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 27 Oct 2008, 06:03 AM   #1
pcbres16

Bryzo email service

If you are looking for a GREAT email service, go here

www.bryzo.com

They offer free email service
No adds at ALL
5GB of storage
And only YOU read your email, no corporate executives read it, unlike other email services.

It's great, so go check it out!!!
pcbres16 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 27 Oct 2008, 07:45 AM   #2
xmailer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Are you affiliated with this service in some way, as it sounds from your post is likely (as opposed to, say, just posting here about the service as a user of same)? If so, you should send a private message to the site admin, Edwin, to discuss being given "representative" status here.

Meanwhile, I've looked briefly at the site, but thus far there seems to be somewhat limited information provided there that I'm able to find. For example, since signup apparently requires providing a phone number for verification purposes, I'm somewhat reluctant to give this "personal" information to a site which I have no real knowledge of who or what "lies behind", so to say. Do you happen to have any information about who is running the site, or any other "background" information about it?

Also, can you tell me what webmail interface it uses?

Finally, for now, you say it has 5GB storage, while the info at the site seems to indicate 1GB. So which is it?

Edit: Sorry, on second look, I did spot the tiny "about us" link at the bottom of the page. So I'll take a look at that. But to start with, you (or "they"?) could do with a bit of spell checking, as Patrick is described as "An ambisious(sic) person."

Last edited by xmailer : 27 Oct 2008 at 08:02 AM.
xmailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Oct 2008, 08:25 AM   #3
blevins

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcbres16 View Post

www.bryzo.com

No adds at ALL
5GB of storage
And only YOU read your email, no corporate executives read it, unlike other email services.

I don't think so. The only way you can get 5GB of space is to have several people sign up for an account. Signing up is a pain in the *** as you have to provide your phone number and have someone get back with you later.

There are too many decent email services that give more and require less.
blevins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Oct 2008, 08:47 AM   #4
xmailer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by blevins View Post
I don't think so. The only way you can get 5GB of space is to have several people sign up for an account.
I wondered where you got that information, until I realized that I hadn't scrolled beneath the signup form to notice the information there. In fact, if nothing else it might seem at least a little misleading to advertise a "free" email service "with 5GB of storage" only to have it revealed elsewhere that one doesn't really get that much space with a free account at all, but that one has to actually help with the promotion of the service to get it -- and somewhat substantially, in fact, assuming one would need to persuade no fewer than TWENTY other people to signup up in order to get the advertised "free 5GB." That's quite a bit of "promotion" work to still end up with less storage space than many free services offer without nearly so much effort on the part of the user.

So between that and having to provide one's cell phone number, I think a lot of people might want a bit more assurance about exactly what they're going to get, what the likelihood of the longevity of the service is, and possibly a number of other things in order to consider it worthwhile. I mean, besides what it says on the main page, exactly what is so "great" or "special" about this service to inspire anyone to go to so much trouble for apparently so relatively little compared to what's widely available elsewhere?
Old 27 Oct 2008, 09:46 AM   #5
pcbres16

I must apologize, it is only 1 GB, sorry about that. I am affiliated with this site. I can assure you that their is NOTHING to worry about. I know the person, he is my friend and he is 18 years old. He WILL NOT share your personal info with ANYONE! You can trust this service.
Old 27 Oct 2008, 10:05 AM   #6
kingofpenguins
Essential Contributor

Quote:
I must apologize, it is only 1 GB, sorry about that. I am affiliated with this site. I can assure you that their is NOTHING to worry about. I know the person, he is my friend and he is 18 years old. He WILL NOT share your personal info with ANYONE! You can trust this service.
This service is run by an 18 year old? Wow, maybe I should start my own email provider then.

How can you prove that this friend won't share any personal information? People can make a lot of promises, but never hold up to any of them. Is there anything special about this email platform that will prevent the admins from accessing user's messages and viewing their plain text password?

Last edited by kingofpenguins : 27 Oct 2008 at 10:13 AM.
kingofpenguins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Oct 2008, 10:35 AM   #7
blevins

Quote:
That's a pretty strong accusation. Do you have evidence that "corporate executives" read user emails on other services?

I thought not.

I'll give this email service all of the consideration it deserves.
blevins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Oct 2008, 12:14 PM   #8
theog
= Permanently banned =

Quote:

www.bryzo.com

No adds at ALL
5GB of storage

What a way to roll out a service....

Always odd to me how a person with 1 post can roll out a service and everyone will be okay.... then someone else comes along and they get blasted.

Then again, I guess it may have something to do with your terms of service showing an error on the page where the terms of service should be and the fact you are requesting a telephone number... not so bright...

I wish mods would block services for infractions like this so innocent people won't get hurt....
theog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Oct 2008, 12:52 PM   #9
Sherry

[Moderator:]

pcbres16, would you please send a PM to Edwin to see if you should be given Service Representative status. Thank you.

Welcome to the EMD Forums
Sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Oct 2008, 01:00 PM   #10
David
Ultimate Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by theog View Post

I wish mods would block services for infractions like this so innocent people won't get hurt....
Nah, let people use their own good judgment, a few will most certainly want to try this service out (and are well aware of the risks) - we are not all one and the same - we should not ask that moderators become censors, unless there is a clear violation of the forum rules.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Oct 2008, 06:31 PM   #11
nooby
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Great Email Service
could a Moderator please change the title to

Bryzo email service or similar.

Cause the title is extremely misleading as it is now.
nooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Oct 2008, 08:27 PM   #12
davy51
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by blevins View Post
That's a pretty strong accusation. Do you have evidence that "corporate executives" read user emails on other services?

I thought not.

I'll give this email service all of the consideration it deserves.

On this forum we have seen and joined many new email services
You wont be the first being run by an 18 year old

Do some admins read subscribers emails absolutly it has happened many times

David you are right it should be left up to others whether they should join or not

Theog you and I both have joined many sevices to try out some good some bad

That gives us both experiences to judge whether a service is good or bad
Others need to gain the same experiences because everyone has different tastes in services
davy51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Oct 2008, 03:40 AM   #13
pcbres16

Here is his email address founde(a)bryzo.com if you don't belive me about it being safe and secure, email him. The website is in the making right now, so naturaly there are a few kinks to work out, but give it time.

Last edited by pcbres16 : 28 Oct 2008 at 08:20 AM.
Old 28 Oct 2008, 03:59 AM   #14
xmailer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Quote:
Here is his email address founder @ bryzo.com if you don't belive me about it being safe and secure, email him.
With all due respect, I could give you the email address of someone who will vouch for the fact that I'm the president of the United States (really).

You're asking for a telephone number, yet only offering an email address (which are "a dime a dozen", as anyone can create and delete one with a moment's notice) as contact information. You don't seem to understand that a "stranger" vouching for the trustworthiness of yet another "stranger" is essentially meaningless. I mean, what would we expect him to say -- that he's not trustworthy?

Please don't get me wrong, everything may be completely "on the up and up" with this site/service, as far as I know. But I think you may fail to understand what it requires to establish credibility with people who don't know you (or the web site you're promoting here) from Adam, as it were.

Edit: I don't know whether or not you've yet complied with the moderator's above request to PM Edwin to see about getting service representative status here, but since you seem to possibly be hedging somewhat on the "degree" of your association with the service under discussion, if by chance you aren't connected "directly" enough with the service to feel qualified to be regarded as an "official" representative of same here, since you seem to know the person who is "in charge" there, perhaps you could suggest to him that he register here and seek representative status for his own service? Just the fact that he might be "speaking for himself", rather than only through an "intermediary", might tend to lend some greater degree of credibility to any discussions of the service here. Just a suggestion.

Mod: Fixed "live" email address in quote to avoid spambots. Also changed username as requested by owner.

Last edited by Sherry : 28 Oct 2008 at 08:51 AM.
Old 28 Oct 2008, 04:33 AM   #15
theog
= Permanently banned =

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmailer View Post
With all due respect, I could give you the email address of someone who will vouch for the fact that I'm the president of the United States (really).

You're asking for a telephone number, yet only offering an email address (which are "a dime a dozen", as anyone can create and delete one with a moment's notice) as contact information. You don't seem to understand that a "stranger" vouching for the trustworthiness of yet another "stranger" is essentially meaningless. I mean, what would we expect him to say -- that he's not trustworthy?

Please don't get me wrong, everything may be completely "on the up and up" with this site/service, as far as I know. But I think you may fail to understand what it requires to establish credibility with people who don't know you (or the web site you're promoting here) from Adam, as it were.

Edit: I don't know whether or not you've yet complied with the moderator's above request to PM Edwin to see about getting service representative status here, but since you seem to possibly be hedging somewhat on the "degree" of your association with the service under discussion, if by chance you aren't connected "directly" enough with the service to feel qualified to be regarded as an "official" representative of same here, since you seem to know the person who is "in charge" there, perhaps you could suggest to him that he register here and seek representative status for his own service? Just the fact that he might be "speaking for himself", rather than only through an "intermediary", might tend to lend some greater degree of credibility to any discussions of the service here. Just a suggestion.
+2

Exactly.

Could not have said it better myself...
theog is offline   Reply With Quote