EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 29 Jun 2021, 10:04 PM   #1
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
Can you use Mailfence just for email (no other functions)?

I am tempted to open a Mailfence account. They're one of the most widely praised secure email providers, and they're based in my country Belgium, which is a huge advantage if I'd ever need to contact the support team. I could easily do it by phone, in my own mothertongue.

However, I read on MailFence's website and on the wikipedia page on Mailfence, that you can actually share documents, calendars etc with other people, and even share a mailbox with other people. That sounds very contradictory to having a secure mailbox.

Article about MailFence Groups: https://blog.mailfence.com/mailfence-groups/
Article about the shared mailbox: https://blog.mailfence.com/shared-mailbox/

Can one opt out of those options and avoid that people you email with end up in a group with you? And obviously avoid they'd be able to access your mailbox and read your emails...
I'd like an additional mailbox just to send and receive emails, preferably with very few other functions OR with the option to disable those other functions. I only need to send and receive emails. I don't want to share anything (let alone have other people access to my mailbox!)

I don't know how "default" those options in Mailfence are, and if it's a suitable provider if you just want to send and receive emails without other things. I know they're founded by ContactOffice, which aims partially at sharing things easily etc, so I'm not sure if this is the right provider for who only wants to send/receive emails?
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote