EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 17 Mar 2010, 05:41 AM   #1
/b/

Angry SMTP behaving very badly today

It's been bouncing up and down for the last few hours.

Is this going to resolve soon?

Why isn't there any information about this on the runbox status page?
/b/ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 17 Mar 2010, 09:02 AM   #2
Heike

Angry Same here

Not a single email has come through since yesterday. It is annoying to say the least. Runbox team, please reply. What is going on?
Heike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2010, 02:27 PM   #3
dbowdley
Cornerstone of the Community

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Dear Heike,

Have you submitted a support ticket for this?

As it does not appear on the Service Status page it is likely that we are unaware of a general problem affecting users and therefore the problem might be specific to your account.

A support ticket is the best way to get this resolved.

David
dbowdley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2010, 07:41 PM   #4
/b/

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heike View Post
Not a single email has come through since yesterday. It is annoying to say the least. Runbox team, please reply. What is going on?
Hello Haike,

If you mean that you are not receiving any emails, then that's a different problem.

I was grousing about difficulties I was having, early on March 17 between midnight and 4am CET, of SOMETIMES not being able to send emails via smtp.runbox.com using mail client programs (Thunderbird, Eudora, Outlook, etc). The email would just sit in my outbox.

Throughtout this time I was able to send emails over the web via www.runbox.com, and I have been receiving all of my email just fine.

Everything seems to be working fine now!
/b/ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Mar 2010, 10:00 PM   #5
DMW

I am also having SMTP problems. And until this morning, I didn't have POP functionality either for a little more than 24 hours.

I sure hope SMTP gets going again ASAP as it's a bit annoying (and very inconvenient) to have to log into the webmail interface just to respond to emails. I am using Thunderbird, by the way, but this problem is Runbox-related.

How do I submit a support ticket to get this addressed and resolved?
DMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Mar 2010, 10:07 PM   #6
tomhab
Essential Contributor

Strange. Maybe these problems are intermittent, but SMTP seems fine here. A lot better than 6 months ago...
tomhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Apr 2010, 09:22 PM   #7
brian500

The only regular scheduled (advertisement) mail I have whitelisted just started showing up. I had just signed up for it a month ago, so I was not positive that any had been sent. But one would think some would have. Didn't show up in SPAM either. Maybe killed as spam? Seems ok now.

On a related question: The message is now labeled as spam: "*SPAM* Sale Into Spring..." if it was in folder SPAM I would hit "Not spam" but I have it directed to another folder with a filter (set to -11 vs "my" spam delete filters which are -10). Any way to not have *SPAM* label on it? Not a big deal.