EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 13 Jul 2008, 01:29 PM   #1
denverharless
Cornerstone of the Community

Ymail messages tagged as spam by some filters

Messages that I've sent from my new Ymail account are sometimes winding up in people's spam folder. Is anyone else experiencing this? Testing it for myself, I have found that if I use Rich Text formatting, the message is more likely to end up in a spam folder on hotmail and aol mail. What's weird is that if I send the exact same message from an older Yahoo account, the message does not go to the spam folder when it reaches the AOL account. It's only when the message is from my Ymail account. If I switch the message to Plain Text, then it goes through to the AOL Inbox.

Does anyone have any idea why AOL would send my Ymail messages into the Spam folder, but not if it comes from Yahoo.com?
denverharless is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 13 Jul 2008, 02:15 PM   #2
denverharless
Cornerstone of the Community

Contacts

Okay, so I figured out that AOL was letting my message through from my Yahoo account because I had that account in my contact list. When I deleted the contact and resent the message, it went to the spam folder as well. So, the question I have is why are rich text formatted emails from Yahoo going to my spam folder on AOL?

Here's a curious wrinkle. If I send the exact same message from my Fastmail account, with the From address changed to my ymail address, then AOL puts it in the INBOX. It seems like a "forged" header would be even more likely to go to the spam folder, but I guess not. Quite the contrary. Maybe it's just a prejudice against Yahoo's servers.
denverharless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jul 2008, 12:00 AM   #3
robbin

Same issue here

Funny enough i came across the same issue, email sent from ymail.com domain as well as rocketmail.com are marked as spam by walla.com, their response was that the email contains spam features god only knows what that is...
robbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jul 2008, 07:41 AM   #4
robbin

I just got response back from walla.com, apparently its yahoo specific type of character encoding that sends some spam filters off, they have fixed this issue and now ymail goes throw OK.
robbin is offline   Reply With Quote