EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Help Needed!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Help Needed! Having problems with your email service, or with the email software you're using? Post your questions and answers here!

Old 16 May 2014, 05:51 AM   #1
slow

EUMX. immediately delete blacklisted email messages?

I would like to somehow not see the blacklisted messages at all.

How can I do this. I am using k-9 on android and thunderbird on linux. I went to the main eumx web site and entered the email address I want to black list. It still seems to arrive right into the inbox on the site and apps.

What do I need to do so that it is immediately permanently erased and not kept in the spam folder and so that it does not reach the applications.

Last edited by slow : 16 May 2014 at 06:02 AM.
slow is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 16 May 2014, 07:00 PM   #2
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow View Post
I would like to somehow not see the blacklisted messages at all.

How can I do this. I am using k-9 on android and thunderbird on linux. I went to the main eumx web site and entered the email address I want to black list. It still seems to arrive right into the inbox on the site and apps.

What do I need to do so that it is immediately permanently erased and not kept in the spam folder and so that it does not reach the applications.
Strange, tested it myself. Did you add it to the Spamassassin blacklist in OpenWebMail?
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2014, 08:24 PM   #3
slow

yes. I edited the black list and email address then shows below as added. Does something else need to be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berenburger View Post
Strange, tested it myself. Did you add it to the Spamassassin blacklist in OpenWebMail?
Old 16 May 2014, 08:40 PM   #4
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
yes. I edited the black list and email address then shows below as added. Does something else need to be done.
No.
Analyze your email. Is it always from the same from-address? It is possible to use a wildcards in the blacklist.
Alternatively, try it with a filter rule (Mail Filter Rule).
Old 16 May 2014, 09:30 PM   #5
slow

I tested with one specific test email address which I sent. I tried edit, mail, filter, from ,include, email address, move, DELETE. This did nor work either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berenburger View Post
No.
Analyze your email. Is it always from the same from-address? It is possible to use a wildcards in the blacklist.
Alternatively, try it with a filter rule (Mail Filter Rule).

Last edited by slow : 16 May 2014 at 09:42 PM.
Old 17 May 2014, 03:57 AM   #6
slow

just now the filter rule seemed to work while I was logged in on the eumx web site. but when I closed the windows with the site, it did not work any more.

Last edited by slow : 17 May 2014 at 04:12 AM.
Old 18 May 2014, 08:33 AM   #7
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
just now the filter rule seemed to work while I was logged in on the eumx web site. but when I closed the windows with the site, it did not work any more.
Filters are run in the background, but not all the time. I don't know exactly the interval. Check also the settings in Put mail filter at background and Wait time for background mail filtering in User preference - Message Operation.