EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 27 Apr 2016, 04:53 AM   #1
slow

is it ok to email gmx.net support?

Is there a possibility they would cancel the account If I am not in germany. I've had the account for years but don't know if they support users outside of germany writing in english.

Last edited by slow : 27 Apr 2016 at 06:57 AM.
slow is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 27 Apr 2016, 07:03 PM   #2
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

AFAIK the requirement is (and was??) that you have an address in Germany when opening an account. Ban on access from outside Germany would be ridiculous.

As to writing in English, they may or may not answer, as they may have a policy of doing business in English only.
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Apr 2016, 10:45 PM   #3
slow

thank you for responding. I think I emailed them in the past to support@gmx.net. I have a free account. Now it seems the address is not active and they only have paid telephone options for support in that area of eu only.

Is there possibly a different address that's not on the site or a different way of contacting them.

I tried messaging gmx.com; I don't know if they support .net
slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Apr 2016, 10:33 AM   #4
David
Ultimate Contributor

Reading between the lines, I would suggest that you consider transitioning to another email provider, even if it is only for backup; that would be fairly easy to do, these days.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2016, 06:57 AM   #5
Zach

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Reading between the lines, I would suggest that you consider transitioning to another email provider, even if it is only for backup; that would be fairly easy to do, these days.
Agreed, it's silly to stick with an email provider that makes it awkward for people who cross borders. This world is getting ever more interconnected so email providers need to get used to the idea of people moving about. Get yourself a Tutanota account - they're German but don't care if you use their service from abroad (unlike GMX, they don't have any annoying ads either)
Zach is offline   Reply With Quote