EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Miscellaneous > The Off-Topic Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

The Off-Topic Lounge APPROPRIATE FAMILY-FRIENDLY TOPICS ONLY - READ THE RULES!
This forum is for posting anything (excluding topics prohibited by the forum rules) that's unrelated to email. General discussions, in other words.

Old 22 Apr 2018, 09:03 AM   #1
Gankaku

Hierarchical Note Apps

I'm wondering if anyone may have any suggestions I've not seen.

I'm looking for a hierarchical note app. I want it to work on mobile and windows, and sync between them. For what I'm working on, it's way easier to see things in a hierarchy.

It can't be Evernote (not hierarchical). I do still use EN to dump articles I find across the web that I want to keep, even though they've put a lot of restrictions on the service for free folks. OneNote is too too slow for me.

I do have a wiki right now that I'm using, but sometimes I'm having syncing problems and have to go through the logs to fix. It's kind of problematic. I want not to think about that. It's Ema Personal WIki, and I sync through Dropbox.

I did look into TiddlyWiki (ancient!) but I'm having problems doing saves on my phone. I probably don't have it set up right but this is the second time I've tried. I am going to keep working with that because I can probably use WebDav on my fastmail to keep my file. It also seems more powerful.

Does anyone use anything like this for projects? I've tried a bunch of stuff on Android store but not satisfied. Maybe I should try again

I am going to try Trello again, even though that's not a hierarchical format because I kind of enjoy the layout even though it's not a hierarchy.

One thing I like about Google Keep (also not hierarchy) is that when I put in a link, it puts a visual display of the image or youtube video or whatever. This makes it easier for me to find what I'm looking for.

Anyway...it's kind of a blathery post but perhaps someone has some insights. Thanks for any help!
Gankaku is offline   Reply With Quote