EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Help Needed!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Help Needed! Having problems with your email service, or with the email software you're using? Post your questions and answers here!

Old 15 Nov 2016, 01:43 AM   #1
communicant
Cornerstone of the Community

can't establish secure connection to mail.be

A while ago, when I tried to log in to mail.be, my old version of Safari started handing me a message that said 'Safari can’t open the page “https://www.mail.be/” because it couldn’t establish a secure connection to the server “www.mail.be”.'

I presume this has something to do with the old browser not having the right access to a current certificate, and I assume the problem could be fixed by upgrading to a newer version of the browser. I do intend to do that soon, when I get a new machine. At the moment, however, my laptop's OS won't support any later version of the browser than the one I have.

I am approaching (or may even have exceeded) the mail.be inactivity period, and I urgently need to log in to preserve the account. I wrote to the admin about the problem, but he seemed to think I was questioning the validity of the certificate and simply assured me that it was solid and that I should just ignore a warning from an older browser. He seems not to understand that I cannot log in at all, not even by using an insecure http connection, since an attempt to do that automatically tries to invoke an https connection and runs up against the 'can't establish a secure connection' message.

Can anyone suggest a way that I could download a current certificate and install it manually in the old browser? I seem to recall that I did that once, years ago, when a similar problem came up with an even older machine and browser and some other site. Or maybe it isn't a certificate problem at all, in which case I'd appreciate speculation about what the problem might be.

Anyway, any advice or assistance would be much appreciated, about certificates or anything else. Thanks.
communicant is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 15 Nov 2016, 11:28 AM   #2
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

There are several possible reasons for this, including:Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Nov 2016, 02:59 PM   #3
William9
The "e" in e-mail

Have you tried another browser such as Chrome or Firefox?
William9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Nov 2016, 01:16 AM   #4
Mailfence

Representative of:
Mailfence.com
Dear communicant,

I'm an official representation of Mailfence, and would like to know if you're still having this issue ?

If yes, then - feel free to drop us an email (support@contactoffice.com/or support@mail.be).

Regards,
Mailfence Team
Mailfence is offline   Reply With Quote