EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 20 Nov 2014, 05:59 AM   #16
ccl1
Essential Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 232
gui looks nice, but seems like I can't do anything. For example I press compose and It just says "LOADING.." and thats all it does. I'm using firefox 33.1
ccl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Nov 2014, 06:02 AM   #17
scryptmail
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 127

Representative of:
Scryptmail.com
@randommailer it should work just fine on smartphone, I'm using bootstrap 3, give it a try.

@ccl1 did you wait a little? when you press compose first time, it loads up ckeditor and it's quite heavy ~2 mb. (any errors in the console?)

Update: Also keep in mind, Firefox using slow JavaScript engine, it may take some time to render a page

Last edited by scryptmail : 20 Nov 2014 at 06:36 AM.
scryptmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Nov 2014, 12:52 PM   #18
ccl1
Essential Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 232
previously I waited appx 30 seconds. After your comment I let it sit for 3 minutes ( I timed it) and it never got past loading. I'm not sure if I should have waited longer than that, but I also did not see any error messages. Then again, I'm not sure where to look to see if there were any error messages.

edit: using chrome it loaded almost instantly.
ccl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Nov 2014, 01:14 PM   #19
scryptmail
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 127

Representative of:
Scryptmail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccl1 View Post
previously I waited appx 30 seconds. After your comment I let it sit for 3 minutes ( I timed it) and it never got past loading. I'm not sure if I should have waited longer than that, but I also did not see any error messages. Then again, I'm not sure where to look to see if there were any error messages.

edit: using chrome it loaded almost instantly.
Yeah, Chrome benefits greatly by using v8 engine. After registration Firefox should able to work, as key generation is the hardest part.

Let me know if any problem.

Enjoy your mailbox
scryptmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Nov 2014, 12:40 AM   #20
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by scryptmail View Post
I was developing scryptmail for last 6 month, it's encrypted email service.
It would be great if you interested in such type of services to log in and see if you like it, as well as leave comments or questions here
https://scryptmail.com

registration link until tuesday
https://scryptmail.com/createSelectedUser

Thanks,
Sergei
If you are a representative of Scryptmail, then ask Edwin for the representative status. Rule D.

Last edited by Berenburger : 22 Nov 2014 at 06:58 AM. Reason: typo
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Nov 2014, 05:51 AM   #21
communicant
Cornerstone of the Community
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 822
unable to register

I have attempted to register an account several times, on different days. I fill out the fields and click to register, but nothing happens. The page is not frozen, because I can go back and edit the fields and perform other operations, but the 'register' button does not function.
communicant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Nov 2014, 06:00 AM   #22
scryptmail
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 127

Representative of:
Scryptmail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by communicant View Post
I have attempted to register an account several times, on different days. I fill out the fields and click to register, but nothing happens. The page is not frozen, because I can go back and edit the fields and perform other operations, but the 'register' button does not function.
I'm sorry to hear it. Would you please tell me what browser and version are you using? If its Chrome or Firefox. Can you right click on page and choose 'inspect element' from dropdown meny. Select console, before you click register? If there is error, it will print there. It may greatly help me to troubleshoot your issue, as for privacy reason I'm not able to see or get any report from users.
scryptmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Nov 2014, 09:04 AM   #23
ccl1
Essential Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 232
can I use the bug report feature to offer non bug related requests/comments ?
ccl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Nov 2014, 09:27 AM   #24
scryptmail
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 127

Representative of:
Scryptmail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccl1 View Post
can I use the bug report feature to offer non bug related requests/comments ?
Absolutely
scryptmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Nov 2014, 08:34 AM   #25
rockman
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Seattle
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredOnline View Post
Sounds rather amateur-ish to me.
Of course it appears amateurish - it's his first release of a new design, geewhiz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredOnline View Post
OP is indicating the service is "USA based", but the posts are indicating (to me anyway) that English is not the OP's first language.
Irrelevant. I do work in the US with a lot of very smart folks from around the world where English is not their first language.

I enjoy the competition in the arena. So far, we've got Hushmail, Protonmail and Scryptmail, mail1click... There are others.

It will be interesting to see a code review once this is open-sourced, although there is already a lot of JS code viewable in the browser...

From what I can tell, Scryptmail is hosted at http://mandrillapp.com under http://rocketsciencegroup.com/ in Atlanta, GA USA using a domain name protection service pointing to Kirkland, WA.
rockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Nov 2014, 10:06 AM   #26
scryptmail
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 127

Representative of:
Scryptmail.com
@rockman there is no need to guess.
Server hosted on linode, self managed. mandrill api, used to receive emails from outside servers.

> I enjoy the competition in the arena. So far, we've got Hushmail, Protonmail and Scryptmail, mail1click... There are others.
I would like to point you that Hushmail, mail1click as startmail provide so called server side encryption, when this is may sound secure, it is not any difference from Gmail service, that use https and guarantee encryption in Datacenters. If you are interested to read a little more, I posted article http://blog.scryptmail.com/post/1035...ide-encryption

Protonmail, totanota as well as my scryptmail, offer you client side encryption. When we give more power to the end user in code verification. Currently any of this services is just a matter of personal preferences. Tutanota is oldest and most established entities. Protonmail - despite having $600 000 in funding, haven't deliver any of promised features as well as simple attachment encryption.

I'm very thankful for people who did sign up for scryptmail and use it. Because of it, I see result of my work and help me make service better.

Last edited by scryptmail : 25 Nov 2014 at 03:18 PM.
scryptmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Nov 2014, 10:12 AM   #27
rmannam
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 103
@scryptmail,
In the signup page at the bottom it says " Did you know that the first 500 registered users will get a Free Advanced account for a year?"
What you mean by Advanced account?
rmannam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Nov 2014, 10:41 AM   #28
scryptmail
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 127

Representative of:
Scryptmail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmannam View Post
@scryptmail,
In the signup page at the bottom it says " Did you know that the first 500 registered users will get a Free Advanced account for a year?"
What you mean by Advanced account?
That is promo promises, like everybody gives when you signup

But being serious, right now I'm still developing full potential of free subscription and trying to outline what to be in advanced is hard to tell. For what I can say now, it will be a paid plan, i.e bigger box, more recipient per email and other candies. At the time its ready approximately Jan, 2015. First 500 users will be awarded this plan for free, as appreciation to be early adopters, trying product and submitting bug reports.

Last edited by scryptmail : 25 Nov 2014 at 01:33 PM.
scryptmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Nov 2014, 02:05 AM   #29
17pm
Cornerstone of the Community
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 506
Hey Scryptmail.

I've tested your service and I've a few suggestions. I understand that you're trying to make encryption easy for the masses. I'm not against that.

1)
I don't like the idea of encrypting with a "pin" that is given to you after the encryption... I would prefer the usual "Question&Answer".. Perhaps you plan to support that?

2)
I think you should remove this bit from encrypted e-mails sent by scryptmail:

"scryptmail.com The only one true front end encrypted email service."

I'm not sure why, but it doesn't look/sound very good.

3)

When one clicks on the link in an e-mail sent by scryptmail, one can read the following:

"By clicking Register, I agree with the Terms and Conditions"

Thing is, there's no "Register" button in that page. There's a "Read Email" button.. You should sort that out
17pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Nov 2014, 08:14 AM   #30
scryptmail
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 127

Representative of:
Scryptmail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17pm View Post
Hey Scryptmail.

I've tested your service and I've a few suggestions. I understand that you're trying to make encryption easy for the masses. I'm not against that.

1)
I don't like the idea of encrypting with a "pin" that is given to you after the encryption... I would prefer the usual "Question&Answer".. Perhaps you plan to support that?

2)
I think you should remove this bit from encrypted e-mails sent by scryptmail:

"scryptmail.com The only one true front end encrypted email service."

I'm not sure why, but it doesn't look/sound very good.

3)

When one clicks on the link in an e-mail sent by scryptmail, one can read the following:

"By clicking Register, I agree with the Terms and Conditions"

Thing is, there's no "Register" button in that page. There's a "Read Email" button.. You should sort that out
Thanks, i will change wording on read email.

1) I didn't quite understand what did you mean? you are talking about pin when you send email to outside? And it's missing some explanation? or I get it totally wrong?
scryptmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +9. The time now is 07:51 AM.

 

Copyright EmailDiscussions.com 1998-2013. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy