EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 8 Mar 2002, 08:06 PM   #16
jhs
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally posted by JeffK

As an full account I will have five. I will also have the ability to manually enter a from address on a one-off basis but this is not available yet. Can anyone confirm this?
That's how I understand it too.

Quote:

Will the following be possible:- if I recieve an email at my address folder.subfolder@aliasname.eml.cc and I hit the reply button it will show the From address folder.subfolder@aliasname.eml.cc rather than the default address as it appears to do now.
That would really be a very nice feature. Actually it will show the "correct" from address as long as is it one you have defined as one of your from-addresses.

Jan
jhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Mar 2002, 08:19 PM   #17
Jeremy Howard
Ultimate Contributor

It will continue to work as now. If you have an appropriate personality setup, it will choose the right one when you reply.

Also, folders can have an attached personality, such that when you reply to something in that folder it will use that personality by default.
Jeremy Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Mar 2002, 08:30 PM   #18
JeffK

Do I have to explicitly attach a personality to a folder or does it automatically select a personality or do I have to have entered the personality in the Preferences screen. Is this feature available now?

Thanks, Jeff.
JeffK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Mar 2002, 08:42 PM   #19
Jeremy Howard
Ultimate Contributor

The Personalities feature is not yet available.
Old 8 Mar 2002, 08:55 PM   #20
JeffK

Thanks once again for your prompt attention Jeremy. I'll do a work around until the feature comes on board. I am almost finished transferring my email addresses to fastmail. At last count there was 95 I had to change - a lot of work but I'll never have to do it again.

Regards, Jeff Kogler.
JeffK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Mar 2002, 06:35 AM   #21
Jeremy Howard
Ultimate Contributor

To clarify--the Send From feature is available (on the Preferences screen). And when you reply to a message send to an address in your Send From list, it will use that automatically.