EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 21 Jul 2020, 10:43 AM   #1
jeffpan
Master of the @
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Macao
Posts: 1,746

Representative of:
Mail.dnsbed.com
Introduce a new provider: 88.com

88.com introduced its new email service days ago.
It has nice webmail (customized development) without ADs, fast IMAP/POP access, and a nice mobile app.
For good username, for example, warren [at] 88.com, you have to pay for it, and it's not cheap.
Though it's with Chinese, but you can get it easily by google translation.

https://www.88.com/

Good luck.
jeffpan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 21 Jul 2020, 05:15 PM   #2
truemagic
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 6
Thanks, looks nice and I get to signup with my first name which is rare
truemagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jul 2020, 04:25 AM   #3
Dutchie007
Essential Contributor
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpan View Post
88.com introduced its new email service days ago.
It has nice webmail (customized development) without ADs, fast IMAP/POP access, and a nice mobile app.
For good username, for example, warren [at] 88.com, you have to pay for it, and it's not cheap.
Though it's with Chinese, but you can get it easily by google translation.

https://www.88.com/

Good luck.
I was looking for information about storage size and attachment size. Maybe i missed it? Anyway...it looks very nice. I will certainly give it a try.

Thanks Jeffpan.

Dutchie.

PS: could NOT register with a dutch cellphone number!!!

Last edited by Dutchie007 : 23 Jul 2020 at 05:02 AM.
Dutchie007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jul 2020, 09:29 AM   #4
rmannam
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 141
Jeffpan,

This looks lot similar to the one you introduced us sometime back at this forum. https://mail.mxhichina.com/
but it isn't working anymore for me,
rmannam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jul 2020, 09:56 AM   #5
jeffpan
Master of the @
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Macao
Posts: 1,746

Representative of:
Mail.dnsbed.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmannam View Post
Jeffpan,

This looks lot similar to the one you introduced us sometime back at this forum. https://mail.mxhichina.com/
but it isn't working anymore for me,
mxhichina.com requires a domain to setup, it is powered by alibaba group.
88.com is a free mail provider with its own domain.
the company behind 88.com is big game company, whose introduction:
https://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%AE...85%AC%E5%8F%B8)

Regards.
jeffpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jul 2020, 09:57 AM   #6
jeffpan
Master of the @
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Macao
Posts: 1,746

Representative of:
Mail.dnsbed.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchie007 View Post
I was looking for information about storage size and attachment size. Maybe i missed it? Anyway...it looks very nice. I will certainly give it a try.

Thanks Jeffpan.

Dutchie.

PS: could NOT register with a dutch cellphone number!!!
they are unlimited.
jeffpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jul 2020, 09:58 AM   #7
jeffpan
Master of the @
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Macao
Posts: 1,746

Representative of:
Mail.dnsbed.com
Quote:
could NOT register with a dutch cellphone number!!!
try google with "free online sms receive".
jeffpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jul 2020, 04:16 AM   #8
Dutchie007
Essential Contributor
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpan View Post
try google with "free online sms receive".
i assume only with a Chinese (mainland) number?? yes?

D
Dutchie007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jul 2020, 04:38 AM   #9
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,632
Donít make a typo like 89.com
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jul 2020, 05:20 PM   #10
Dutchie007
Essential Contributor
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 375
failed to registrate on 88.com

I used several free sms receiving services...Chinese..US or Canadian based...and even a German one...I could NOT registrate at 88.com. AFAIK my IP is not banned or blacklisted.

I guess they use some sort of IP ban for The Netherlands as a whole. Using a VPN service (which i have from Goose in my country) does NOT work on that site.

Anyway...thanks for giving us the information on 88.com
Dutchie
Dutchie007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jul 2020, 12:04 PM   #11
jeffpan
Master of the @
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Macao
Posts: 1,746

Representative of:
Mail.dnsbed.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchie007 View Post
I used several free sms receiving services...Chinese..US or Canadian based...and even a German one...I could NOT registrate at 88.com. AFAIK my IP is not banned or blacklisted.

I guess they use some sort of IP ban for The Netherlands as a whole. Using a VPN service (which i have from Goose in my country) does NOT work on that site.

Anyway...thanks for giving us the information on 88.com
Dutchie
Dutchie if you want that an account on 88.com I can help you register one.
jeffpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jul 2020, 09:16 PM   #12
Dutchie007
Essential Contributor
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpan View Post
Dutchie if you want that an account on 88.com I can help you register one.
Thanks Jeffpan..!! I gladly accept your offer.

I send you a PM.

Dutchie.
Dutchie007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jul 2020, 09:42 AM   #13
jeffpan
Master of the @
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Macao
Posts: 1,746

Representative of:
Mail.dnsbed.com
To everybody expecting the account:

Today I try to sign up it with my another mobile number, I got the verification code from within iPhone, see screenshot:

https://199903.xyz/data/sms-88.jpg

Then I used this code to input into the registration form.
Do you know what happens?
It can't get validated, says this is an invalid code.
see screenshot:

https://199903.xyz/data/err-88.png

So I am thinking 88.com's system has met some issues, due to that I can't sign up it at all, even with a valid mobile phone.

I am sorry...
jeffpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +9. The time now is 01:05 PM.

 

Copyright EmailDiscussions.com 1998-2013. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy