EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 26 Nov 2005, 09:31 PM   #1
ibcsweb
Cornerstone of the Community

My trial account

Well, my trial account with Runbox ends in a week. I ahve not really felt the effect that some users seem to have felt during the troubles so I do not think I have got a fair immpression either way from the trial. I listen with horror at the ghastly tales of disconetion from vital, mission critical stuff, then I am soothed by people saying that although, yes it has been bad for some, They are having no problems and it just saeems like a lot of people because only the ones who are havi9ng problems post and the vast majority who are not having problems see no need to post, which just makes it seem a lot worse.

I must say that some time ago I had a paid account wiht Runbox and it worked really well. The only reason I let it laspe was I was in search of the perfect email account which wouyld sync with outlook. That and the constant dely over the address book upgrade.

I am also looking at a Tuffmail account. Love the reliability, hate the look of the .calander interface. Runbox no calander.

The main dificulty I am having is getting it into my head that I may need to separate my email from my calander solutions. Not an easy thing for me to do as I was brought up with outlook. Oh well I still have a week to think about it. I still have not been able to get SMS alerts to work yet. and Vodafone UK does not have email -text address so the put in my mobile number and get a text from RB would have been a huge selling point for me.

In the meantime a few positive posts may be helpful. Tell me about your good experiences with Runbox!

Last edited by ibcsweb : 26 Nov 2005 at 09:45 PM.
ibcsweb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 30 Nov 2005, 09:39 AM   #2
ericd

I've been using Runbox for the last year. I've been very happy with it. I haven't experienced any of the problems that some of those other users have posted about. I check my email frequently every day. It's very reliable. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the service to people that I know. My only constructive criticism would be that they need to add many more features much faster than they have been. I do fully appreciate the features that are currently incorporated, but we need more. The price increase only places more emphasis on what's not there.
ericd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Nov 2005, 09:42 PM   #3
simonb

You know, nothing's perfect although I have been a Runbox user for three years and have never had a problem. I think a lot of the comments you have seen are from people with impossibly high expectations. Go with Runbox then forget about it. It's just email and it works

Simon.

P.S. I am also in the UK and that may also be why I haven't seen any problems. However, I also couldn't get SMS notification.
simonb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Dec 2005, 09:33 PM   #4
ibcsweb
Cornerstone of the Community

Trail account

I ahve been having a look around and decided not to go with Runbox. Not that I think they are not a great service, it is just that Tuffmail have more account options with many of the features that RB have. No SMS was the real killer though. If that had been available I would have paid the extra for it.
ibcsweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Dec 2005, 03:25 PM   #5
William9
The "e" in e-mail

I also decided to pay for Tuffmail. Part of my decision was based on the features -- by that I mean configurabilty with multiple domain names. The other observation that was a big factor in my decision is HTML rendering. In my short free trial experience, Runbox web mail reader seemed to mess up some of my complex HTML messages -- but the messages were rendered well in Tuffmail using its Squirrelmail web client. The other thing that I like about Tuffmail is nearly instantaneous meassage delivery.
William9 is offline   Reply With Quote