EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 2 Jan 2007, 09:44 AM   #1
ericd

Unhappy Help with filters

I am trying to configure a filter that will delete all of the messages that have been identified as SPAM without me having to do it. I've read the various "how to" posts in the forum. It seems like I have followed the instructions correctly as I have read them. But I am still seeing the messages tagged SPAM. I did put in what I think is the right order for that filter and saved my settings. Can someone tell me how to achieve my goal?
ericd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 2 Jan 2007, 10:57 PM   #2
Sydney
Essential Contributor

So you want all spam messages to go directly to your trash folder is that right?
Sydney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Jan 2007, 01:06 AM   #3
carverrn
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Caution, when it comes to filters, "moving to the Trash folder" and "Delete" are two different things. With filters, "Delete" will physically remove the message from your account.

I wouldn't recommend doing a "Delete". Spam filters can't tell 100% if a message is spam or not. Only you can make that decision. Best suggestion is to have a spam folder and check the messages in it from time to time.

However, if you did want to "Delete", you'd need to add filters: one to check for the SpamAssassin status and one to check for the DSPAM status (if you're using the trainable filter).

If "Header" "contains" "X-Spam-Flag: YES" "Delete"

If "Header" "contains" "X-DSPAM-Result: Spam" "Delete"

The built-in filters that move messages to the spam folder run at Order value "-1" so your filters should have an order value of "-2" or less.

Note: the Block Sender filters are also at Order value "-2" and these are simply filters that do a "Delete" too.

Regards,
Rich
carverrn is offline   Reply With Quote