EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 25 Jan 2006, 12:53 AM   #1
ALG

Spam

Has there been some changes to the spam filters. It is like I am having to retrain mine all over again.

I am getting spam in my inbox and lots of good emails in the trash marked as spam. Some of which appear to be untrainable. One specific email I have logged into web mail and went and identified as not spam. Yet when the next email comes from the same domain and sender it is classified as spam.

Can someone shed some light on this issue?

AL
ALG is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 25 Jan 2006, 01:02 AM   #2
carverrn
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Runbox.com
For the DSPAM "trainable spam filter" to recognize something as "not spam" does take several trainings before it "learns" that it's not spam. How many I don't know.

If you have emails from known senders you are better off putting those addresses in the Whitelist. Then messages from those senders should never be flagged as spam.

Regards,
Rich
carverrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jan 2006, 04:31 AM   #3
Geir
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
The trainable spam filter doesn't treat the From address (or any other address) of a message in any special way. Dspam analyzes the entire message by converting every word in the message's headers and body to tokens, and then comparing the tokens to those found in the user's token database. Based on this it determines the statistical probability that the message is spam.

Dspam does have an autowhitelist feature, as 10 (I believe) false positives from the same sender will cause the address to be internally whitelisted by Dspam. This does not affect the manual whitelist on the Filter page, which is a better option if you want to make sure email from a certain sender does not end up in your Spam folder.

- Geir
Geir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jan 2006, 07:42 AM   #4
ALG

Thanks for all of the replies.

AL
ALG is offline   Reply With Quote