EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Help Needed!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Help Needed! Having problems with your email service, or with the email software you're using? Post your questions and answers here!

Old 27 May 2013, 07:00 AM   #1
Bidayaka

Can I redirect emails from a closed account?

My email service provider Another.com is closing down soon - I've had my account with them for 15 years and I've given my email address to personal contacts and countless organisations over the years. I will try to update them with a new email address but I'm bound to forget some of them - is there a way to automatically redirect my emails even after my account has been closed?
Bidayaka is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 27 May 2013, 08:33 AM   #2
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Welcome to the EMD Forums, Bidayaka!

What matters is the domain name of your email account (the part after the @). Whomever owns that domain (such as another.com if your address ends in that manner) controls where emails sent to the domain are delivered. You don't really own an email address - the domain owner does. If your old service supplies a forwarding service now, it will probably be closed when the rest of the service is discontinued.

The only way to control your email address long term is to purchase your own domain. This isn't very expensive, and there are a number of email services which will provide email services for your own domain.

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2013, 03:35 PM   #3
jameshobbs

Dear Bidayaka

There is no way out to automatically redirect your emails once your old account is closed. You will not be able to forward the e-mails, that were send to old email address, to new e-mail address.
jameshobbs is offline   Reply With Quote