EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 1 Dec 2001, 02:43 PM   #1
jamie

just wanted to say thanks..

e x c e l l e n t !

mail service.. i'm telling all my friends
jamie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 1 Dec 2001, 02:57 PM   #2
Jeremy Howard
Ultimate Contributor

You're welcome!!!

PS: Jamie--you've got your FastMail.FM email address as plain text on your web-site's home page. That's likely to lead to spammers harvesting it for their lists. I suggest instead writing jamieATf-mDOTfm or some other human-readable but machine-unreadable form to avoid this problem.
Jeremy Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Dec 2001, 06:27 AM   #3
munchkin

yup,

guess its okie to post a 'me too' in this thread, fastmail is just what ive always been searching for but never could find. its cool to even log in and to enjoy this great service w/ all its features. thanx.
munchkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Dec 2001, 06:54 AM   #4
alcannistraro

Thumbs up

Me too. Thanks very much.
alcannistraro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Dec 2001, 06:59 AM   #5
Jeremy Howard
Ultimate Contributor

Smile

Thanks Munchkin! "me too"s are really great for two reasons. Firstly, you know how it is when you are considering trying a new service... many of us have been bitten by email sites that look hopeful on the surface, but then it turns out there's no support, or emails don't reach you reliably, or it has downtime frequently, or it's missing some key feature... It's great for potential users to be able to see feedback from people actually using the service. If the only stuff that gets posted here are requests for new features, and questions about how to use stuff, then a potential user browsing the archives wouldn't know whether people actually liked the service or not.

And secondly, nice feedback is really great for Rob and I to read. Sure, we might get a big head for a while... but when we hear that people are enjoying the fruits of our hard work, it really makes it all worth it.
Jeremy Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Dec 2001, 04:33 PM   #6
andrew99

to add to the chorus...

Whilst my needs from Email seem more simple than many here, I am also very happy with your offering. It does what it says on the box 'fast mail' thats about all I need, with a sprinkiling of reliability and low cost to make the whole thing sweet!

Thanks

I hope that current trends continue, even if I will never use the web interface and just do the plain vanilla stuff in Outlook!
andrew99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Dec 2001, 10:39 PM   #7
ustewjt

Cool Again, Thanks!

This is an amaizing service! It really does do everything I would want in an email service! By allowing me to specify the "reply-to" address, I can easily manage multiple email accounts from one screen while at work (behind a firewall). Plus having the ability to download the messages to my home machine (via Outlook Express) is such an added bonus!

Again, thanks for creating this service and allowing us to use it!

- Tim
ustewjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Dec 2001, 12:15 AM   #8
DippyTwitty

Thumbs up The chorus is growing....

Normally I don't like doing "me toos" but where praise is due, praise is due

I think everything you guys are doing is headed right down the path we all want. Sure, it would be great someday if you do get an HTML compose screen like Hotmail (only w/o the IE requirement), but I can't really think of anything else you guys aren't already doing, and doing better than the competition.

I have no idea how you guys are getting paid, but since we're pretty much all trying it out for free, I'll just say... here's hoping you get up and running with the paid service, and you folks can get what you've earned for doing such a bang-up job!

Keep it up,

Dip
DippyTwitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Dec 2001, 08:35 AM   #9
trippy0ne

ah many thanks...

Got extremely peeved with the fact that can only access Hotmail through Outlook or a browser, oh and tired of the message on the Hotmail sign-in page that states that my browser is not *compatiable*, i use Opera and have done for a long time - though Opera 6 got dumped very quickly and now back to 5.12, it crashed more times on my old dinosaur puter than a blind driver -
So found a new email programme - Calypso - dumped Outlook and have fastmail.fm to replace hotmail and everything is running very smoothly, not to mention quickly.
So from a new user, you have my much appreciated thanks, love it!
trippy0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Dec 2001, 10:37 PM   #10
ikxu

Smile could it be...............

Could it be that the gods from Olympus decided finally to grant us a divine email system?
Yes it is possible, and it is so, fastmail.fm
Now there is no excuse for us mortals not to communicate with one another as the gods do, without the fear of these communications not reaching those we want to reach.
ikxu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Dec 2001, 08:58 AM   #11
pobelly
Cornerstone of the Community

oh, i bet CERN just love it to death when people talk about them that way...
pobelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Dec 2001, 09:02 AM   #12
ikxu

CERN?

I am sorry but I don't know what CERN is.
ikxu
Old 11 Dec 2001, 09:25 AM   #13
pobelly
Cornerstone of the Community

Re: CERN?

well, just insert your Olympus of choice.

there are probably better choices than that one.
pobelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Dec 2001, 09:16 PM   #14
ikxu

Smile i c

i c
Old 15 Dec 2001, 08:18 AM   #15
obwan
Essential Contributor

Thumbs up

I've tried just about every email service out there and I can honestly say that fastmail.fm is THE BEST! Keep up the good work.
obwan is offline   Reply With Quote