EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 12 May 2007, 04:59 PM   #1
bookie8030

Fastcheck problems?

Hi guys,

I'm just wondering if I'm the only person who started to experience fastcheck problems.

-Outlook express works fine for me
-Webmail works fine
-Every other internet application works fine for me, fastcheck just randomly stopped working this afternoon for me (EST)

-I verified that I have no bad LSP's installed
-When I click on the connection options in fastcheck, it says "connected to fastmail.fm" in each one
-I'm able to connect to the extent that I can select folders for checking though the program can't log in and has "connection problems"

that last time I had this issue, it was related to a bad LSP though that doesn't appear to be the case

any suggestions?

thanks
bookie8030 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12 May 2007, 07:42 PM   #2
JasonWard
Cornerstone of the Community

Yep. FastCheck has stopped working for me too, yesterday.

No error messages, everything else works just as before, FastCheck just shows with a red circle with a cross in it, that's it, no notifications, everything else seems to work fine

Jason
JasonWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2007, 10:31 PM   #3
bookie8030

well, at least I don't think I'm going nuts now
Old 12 May 2007, 10:52 PM   #4
bookie8030

it appears to be working now, I wonder what the issue was, I guess we'll never know
Old 13 May 2007, 01:45 AM   #5
JRobert
Master of the @

I had this issue yesterday, and I have it now (12-May07,16:40Z).
Fastmail.fm and mail.messagingengine.com reply to pings with no problem and the web interface works with no problem. But Fastcheck says:
Code:
12/5 12:40 Getting new messages from FastServices
12/5 12:40 FastServices could not connect to FastMail.FM
-jeff-
JRobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2007, 02:22 AM   #6
jfcaffrey

FastCheck still not working

Since at least yesterday - until now, no matter what PC I use to login to FM (and I've used three w/ different ISPs), after my first check of mail and closing, the FastCheck window shows red text indicating it's lost its connection to the ISP.

It has also behaved oddly in some other ways, which I can't accurately describe since I didn't see a pattern.

Someone reported that it's working fine now - but not here (US - East Coast). Any info on the problem or fix?

Thanks.
jfcaffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2007, 03:32 AM   #7
Sherry

Mine worked fine last night (PDT) and now this morning it is still working ok. Not sure why some would be working and not others unless it's an ISP or server problem?

Sherry
Sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2007, 05:50 AM   #8
stuart

Life without Fastcheck? This is terrible!

I had no problems yesterday but it hasn't worked for me at all today.
stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2007, 06:06 AM   #9
JasonWard

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookie8030 View Post
it appears to be working now, I wonder what the issue was, I guess we'll never know
Still busted for me

Jason
Old 13 May 2007, 06:12 AM   #10
JRobert
Master of the @

Reported to support.

-jeff-
JRobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2007, 09:15 AM   #11
IanO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRobert View Post
I had this issue yesterday, and I have it now (12-May07,16:40Z).
Fastmail.fm and mail.messagingengine.com reply to pings with no problem and the web interface works with no problem. But Fastcheck says:
Code:
12/5 12:40 Getting new messages from FastServices
12/5 12:40 FastServices could not connect to FastMail.FM
-jeff-
Same messages for me too, tried restarting Fastcheck (this has fixed problems for me before) with no luck. Reboot also did not work. A change to Fastservices?

Strange that the tests under Options/IMAP Settings and Options/Fastservices still say they can connect...
IanO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2007, 10:42 AM   #12
Sherry

Are any of you using the same virus program like Norton's (or Firewall)? I'm using AVG. A new update can sometimes cause sudden problems with email.

Sherry
Sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2007, 01:35 PM   #13
RickNY

I am experiencing this issue with FastCheck only when I get new messages.. If the mailbox doesnt have new messages, it checks fine.

Otherwise, with new messages I get:

13/5 0:34 Getting new messages from FastServices
13/5 0:34 FastServices could not connect to FastMail.FM

Perhaps something changed in how the Fastmail server is reporting new messages?

Rick
RickNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2007, 02:32 PM   #14
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Arrow Versamail Palm email client also erratic recently using Sprint

Fastcheck has been working perfectly for me, either when no new messages are found or when new messages arrive.

But I have had some erratic problems with Versamail (Palm OS email software for PDA cellphones) timing out when attempting to read the message body from my Fastmail account when I force a Get, although it works fine when running on a periodic Auto Sync every hour. This problem has been going on for a week or two, I think, with my Sprint PCS account on my Treo 650. This is using the older network connection, since this phone does not support the latest high speed network features.

After selecting Get, Versamail appears to be working until the last step, when I get a "Time Out reading body." error message. I have seen various error messages over time, but have only gotten this time out error in the last couple of weeks or so. Maybe only a few days -- I'm not sure of exactly how long, since I was travelling and wasn't sure initially if the problems were due to network issues at one city. But it seems to be failing 100% when using a manual Get messages, although the background Auto Sync appears to be working fine.

Maybe there is some timing error, with Fastcheck or Versamail not responding fast enough in some cases enough due to some ISP connections (or my cellular ISP connection). I don't know enough about how an IMAP client polls the server to know if this is a possibility.

Bill
n5bb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2007, 06:20 PM   #15
JasonWard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry View Post
Are any of you using the same virus program like Norton's (or Firewall)? I'm using AVG. A new update can sometimes cause sudden problems with email.

Sherry
I use Norton as my anti-virus and Sunbelt Kerio as my personal firewall.