EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 27 Jan 2024, 06:02 AM   #1
jsibley

Problem with invitations that reschedule calendar events

Hello,

I'm wondering whether anyone has run into this issue and, if so, if you have found a solution.

I use google calendar as my primary calendar and have fastmail create calendar events from invitation emails that come to any of my email addresses. Fastmail syncs to google calendar.

When someone sends an invitation rescheduling an event, the original event disappears from the Fastmail calendar and an event at the new time is created.

However, the original event remains in my google calendar, but I am not the owner of that event and cannot edit or remove this "zombie" event. It is no longer in Fastmail, but I can't do anything with it in google calendar.

I don't want to use Fastmail as my primary calendar, so that isn't a useful solution for me.

Has anyone see anything like this and, if so, have you found a solution?

Thank you!
jsibley is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 28 Jan 2024, 09:06 AM   #2
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

I don’t use the Google calendar, so can’t verify that behavior myself. I suggest that you file a Fastmail support request detailing what you are seeing.

There are a lot of possible issues I can imagine. For example, are all of these problems when calendar change notices arrive for events which were initially created via an email to your Fastmail account, or did the original event get on the calendar due to some activity through Gmail or some other method which initially created the event?

Have you read through the “Know issues and workarounds” section on this help page?
Migrate your calendar to Fastmail
And don’t forget the calendar troubleshooting page.

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote