EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 8 Sep 2004, 11:29 PM   #1
carverrn
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Request filter action "Mark as read"

I would like to request a new filter action "Mark as read" that would allow the filter to mark incoming messages as already being read. Messages would be marked as read and continue processing through filters. I want to mark messages that will be filtered to my junk folder as read so they don't appear when I select "New" to see all my new messages.

Regards,
Rich
carverrn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 9 Sep 2004, 08:23 AM   #2
trond
Essential Contributor

Well, that should be possible to do. But, I think there's something else that should be done instead, to solve this particular problem.

I think we should exclude messages from the trash- and spam folder when listing new messages. Same with using bold to highlight folders that has new messages. That way, the messages will keep their unread status, but their status will cause far less annoyment.
trond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Sep 2004, 10:36 AM   #3
carverrn
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Runbox.com
I'd still want the filter. I have other folders that collect daily status messages that I would want to mark as read too. I only look at the messages in these folders every week or so and I really don't want them showing up as new either. The spam was just an example that I felt most people could relate to.

Regards,
Rich
carverrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Apr 2007, 07:15 AM   #4
ken274

Any progress on this? I'm sure it can't be that difficult to implement, and would make my whole runbox experience so much better! Come on guys... lets start by making some small changes at the very least, even if the more ambitious plans like the new UI (and the updated IMAP server even!) are still someway off!

Thanks,

Ken
ken274 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Apr 2008, 01:08 AM   #5
cphemail

I was smart to search first, before posting.

Anyways, is there an update on this request or any way of marking certain emails as "read" as they arrive? I have various emails that come in daily that I don't need to read right "then" but need to have them on-the-ready should the need arise.

What's the deal? Thanks guys.
cphemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Apr 2008, 06:36 PM   #6
marc_otten
Master of the @

This would be a great feature to have...is there any news considering this matter?

Regards,
--Marc
marc_otten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Apr 2008, 04:23 PM   #7
COUME
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc_otten View Post
This would be a great feature to have...is there any news considering this matter?

Regards,
--Marc
I am also one that would like to "mark as read" and/or "Flag" emails from filter actions.
And to push it even further, being able to set labels(colours) from filters would be the ultimate solution but it would require the web interface to support labels, may be with the next one

Rgds,
Ludo
COUME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Aug 2008, 10:22 AM   #8
cms7912

I concur with the "mark as read" filter feature. I want to switch to Fastmail with all my email needs, but can't without this.

Clint
cms7912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Oct 2013, 06:12 AM   #9
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

The mark as read filter option would be much appreciated, Runbox.

Any reason why this cannot be implemented?
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote