EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 5 Sep 2004, 06:06 PM   #1
u260s4

runbox support / address selling

Hi there...

I'm a bit disappointed about the runbox support, because I sent 2 messages
to support@runbox.com but I never received an answer. Is that your
"professional support" you mentioned on your website??

I hope that I get at least an answer from here.

To my problem:

I got my new runbox account. First of all I downloaded my old mailbox to the runbox account using POP. Then I've had approx. 40 new mails
in the inbox. A part of them I moved in some folders which I created. Then
I've had 25 mails in my inbox. I selected one of them and moved it to the
UserID folder. After the 'click' on the 'Move messages' button the mail wasn't moved but my whole inbox was empty after that click... So where are my mails gone? Is it possible to restore them?

Another strange thing is, that in the folder list there is a folder which does not have a name but 2 messages in it. I can't change in that folder and it's not possible to delete it.

Then another thing is that I got a spam mail to my runbox address, but I never used my runbox address anywhere because I'm using my own domain and forward it to my runbox account. Are you selling mail addresses to spammers?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Cheers,
Manuel
u260s4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 5 Sep 2004, 09:39 PM   #2
Liz
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Hi,

As instructed in the autoreply, you must reply back to it for further support, else it is considered dealt with. We have no unanswered mail lying around, at present.

As for the missing mail, that sounds very odd - when did that happen (date), and have you been using IMAP at all as well as the webmail?

And...I am pretty disappointed that anyone could even think that a small, hard working email company would ruin their entire business by throwing their users to the sharks for pennies...we spend a TON of time and money on a new spam filter as we speak, and users often choose very unwise usernames, despite out admonitions not to (the link when you sign up called "More information on selecting a username").

In short; don't go with a short and easy username (including a single word or name, in English), as you will then get a lot more spam than you would otherwise, and thus even more which must be successfully filtered out. Since you use your own domain, a very long username would be recommended, since you won't ever need anyone to recommend it.

Liz
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Sep 2004, 10:35 PM   #3
u260s4

Hi Liz,

For the first 2 messages I sent to support@runbox.com I did not receive
an autoreply so I could not reply to them. I sent my inquiry today again to runbox support on 5. September 2004 13:25:20 GMT+02:00 and today I got an autoreply to which I replied. Did you get my mail today?

That did happen on August 15 2004 and yes, I'm using both IMAP and Webmail. Hope that helps in order to retrieve my mails.

Manuel
Old 5 Sep 2004, 10:38 PM   #4
carverrn
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Re: runbox support / address selling

Quote:
Originally posted by u260s4
I'm a bit disappointed about the runbox support, because I sent 2 messages
to support@runbox.com but I never received an answer. Is that your
"professional support" you mentioned on your website??
They have always been very professional. The autoresponse from Runbox Support states:

Quote:
***This is an AUTOMATED reply***

Thank you for contacting Runbox Support. The answer to your question is likely to be found in this auto-generated message, which contains answers to frequently asked questions from our users. Please take the time to scroll through the message (or search for keywords by pressing Ctrl + F), and see our online Help section at http://docs.runbox.com/en/help/default.doc .

If your question remains unanswered, you can visit our user forum at http://www.emaildiscussions.com/...?s=&forumid=18 , for help from other users and the Runbox Staff.

If you have billing related questions, please send your message to billing at runbox.com.

If your question otherwise requires individual treatment, you can reply to this email. Remember to _not change_ the original subject of the message. You will then get a personal answer as soon as possible. Please note that response times may go up during periods of reduced staffing and holidays.
Regards,
Rich
carverrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Sep 2004, 11:00 PM   #5
u260s4

Yeah but when you do not receive an autoreply, then it states nothing and you're still waiting for an answer...

After a few days I sent my inquiry again to runbox support. (CC: info) Same result: I did not receive an answer.

So what would you think about a support team which is not answering his customers inquiries?

cheers,
Manuel
Old 5 Sep 2004, 11:09 PM   #6
Liz
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Quote:
For the first 2 messages I sent to support@runbox.com I did not receive
an autoreply so I could not reply to them. I sent my inquiry today again to runbox support on 5. September 2004 13:25:20 GMT+02:00 and today I got an autoreply to which I replied. Did you get my mail today?
Yes, I did, didn't realise that was you when I wrote this, sorry - since it was from today. I'll keep replying here though, if that's ok? The autoreply wad down last weekend, but I went through all the mails manually then, so I wonder how I could have missed two mails from you then, but..

Quote:
That did happen on August 15 2004 and yes, I'm using both IMAP and Webmail. Hope that helps in order to retrieve my mails.
Yes, as stated in the autoreply, we had a very bad IMAP error that week, and have been restoring people's lost mail. The error was fixed almost two weeks ago though, so this is no longer happening. I will have someoen here look at your account ASAP.

Liz
Old 5 Sep 2004, 11:17 PM   #7
Liz
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
As for the no-name folder, that happens if you try to move mail _to_ the Inbox using IMAP, usually. We can fix that too.

And I'll concede that your username isn't likely to have been autogenerated by spammers, but since it exists on at least one other domain (yours), and is part of the domain itself, that could be a factor.

Liz
Old 6 Sep 2004, 12:24 AM   #8
u260s4

Quote:
I'll keep replying here though, if that's ok?
I have no preference.

Quote:
I will have someoen here look at your account ASAP.
Quote:
As for the no-name folder, that happens if you try to move mail _to_ the Inbox using IMAP, usually. We can fix that too.
Thanks.

Manuel
Old 6 Sep 2004, 01:09 AM   #9
ReuvenNY

Re: runbox support / address selling

Quote:
...Is that your
"professional support" you mentioned on your website??...
Manuel
I know and use Runbox.com for over two years now, and would like you to know that the level of professional service they provide is unparalleled in the email industry. You happened to be a victim of Murphy’s Law (your problem occurred when they had a problem...).
Rest assured that your service needs, if any, would always be treated with professionalism, courtesy and promptness.

Also, welcome to the forums...

P.S. I am not affiliated with Runbox.
ReuvenNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Sep 2004, 04:39 AM   #10
Liz
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
I might not have gone far enough back when replying manually, I had an approximate time for when the autoreply stopped working, but there's probably a margin of error there... Apologies for that!

Also, I tend to go into a blind rage whenever someone even suggests that we would sell our active usernames (which are not numerous enough to impress most spammers, by the way) to anyone. That also influenced my initial reply here, admittedly...

Liz

PS: Due to one of us being on vacation and it being Sunday, the restoration of the mail is a tad delayed, unfortunately.
Old 6 Sep 2004, 04:59 PM   #11
u260s4

Good morning...

Today I found some mails restored in my mailbox. Unfortunately these were not
the right ones. Those mails have been deleted by myself because they were
newsletters or spam. The mails which I'm still missing are not recovered yet.
I know that the FROM address of some mails contains (at)fh-aargau.ch if that
helps.

Thanks.

Manuel
Old 7 Sep 2004, 10:35 PM   #12
u260s4

Hi there...

Anything new about my mails?

Manuel
Old 9 Sep 2004, 02:41 PM   #13
u260s4

Why don’t I get an answer, again?

Have you got any troubles with recovering my mails?

cheers,
Manuel
Old 12 Sep 2004, 12:41 AM   #14
u260s4

Red face

I'm getting angry now...

Sorry for my words, but this customer support is absolutely the worst customer support I have ever seen.

I did not get answers to the questions I asked by mail several times and I'm not getting answers to questions which I posted in this forum!!! What sense!

I demand an explanation!
Old 12 Sep 2004, 01:53 AM   #15
carverrn
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Did you PM Liz or send a message to Support at Runbox.no like I suggested in the PM (Private Message) I sent to you a couple days ago?

Regards,
Rich
carverrn is offline   Reply With Quote