EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 1 Feb 2019, 04:42 PM   #31
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

FastMail Apps Updated

@FastMail on Twitter:

Quote:
Our apps are keeping you connected, wherever you are. We've just updated them to give you an improved UI and more control and power over your notifications, with more improvements coming soon!
https://www.fastmail.com/help/clients/mobileapp.html

The Troubleshooting section on the web page is of interest, this caught my eye:

Quote:
No offline support yet

We are building the infrastructure to support offline capability.
We don't know when the feature will be ready.
Of course, current lack of offline access also impacts on the calendar:

Quote:
Calendar alerts don't work if offline

If your device is offline when the alert is due to arrive at your device, you will receive no alert.
If you require alerts when your device is offline, we recommend syncing your calendar with your device over CalDAV.

Last edited by FredOnline : 1 Feb 2019 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Added Calendar Alert info
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Feb 2019, 01:57 AM   #32
camner
Cornerstone of the Community

I like the new iOS interface, but the email notifications aren’t working as I’d expect, and lacks (for me) an important feature.

I set FM to notify me when an email arrives in two folders, and also set it so that notifications appear only when email is from someone in my FM contacts.

1. I’m getting notified even when the email comes from an address NOT in my contacts. Is it possible that “in my contacts” means not only “the formal contact list I maintain at FM” but the “quick addresses,” (that is, email addresses I’ve used before that are NOT in my contacts list)?

2. I am dismayed that there isn’t a way to receive notifications ONLY when an email appears within given designated folders. I don’t want to receive a notification when an email comes from “Anyone in my contact list,” but ONLY when an email arrives in the designated folders.

#2 seems to me to be any easy feature to add. How do I go about suggesting it to the good folks at FM?
camner is offline   Reply With Quote