EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Early Warning...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Early Warning... If an email service has closed down or changed the services it offers, or if there are indications it is about to do so, post about it here.

Old 27 Jul 2019, 02:37 AM   #31
TenFour
Master of the @

Quote:
don't you see that you have reversed roles and gotten things backwards?
No, I am perfectly happy if someone doesn't want to read my posts and blocks me. I may or may not do the same to him/her/it. It only happens rarely, but always improves a forum for me. YMMV. On the other hand, I have completely abandoned certain forums because of the vile commentary. Nobody is being forced to be here or read anyone's posts they don't want to.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Aug 2019, 08:16 PM   #32
communicant
Cornerstone of the Community

[quote=TenFour;610971 Nobody is being forced to be here or read anyone's posts they don't want to.[/QUOTE]

Precisely. That is why blocking somebody is unnecessary and is merely a petulant gesture. And then going out of someone's way to ANNOUNCE that he is blocking someone can only be seen as pure childish malice, the forum equivalent of a middle finger. It accomplishes nothing except to express and make public one's contempt and dislike for some other forum member. And posts subsequent to mine make clear that this seems to be a habit on the part of the member who did this to me and has happened to a number of people. If that is not a violation of Edwin's rules I don't know what would be. The mods have been uncharacteristically silent about this thread -- indeed, I'm surprised they've allowed it to stay up at all. Perhaps it should be frozen or deleted, strictly speaking. But before taking action (or if they intend simply to ignore it), surely the mods should make a comment on the merits, a ruling on whether the forum's rules have indeed been flouted or not, and whether the member in question has at least been warned. After all, members have been banned because of one simple and relatively innocent exasperated expletive -- surely habitual and repeated displays of unbridled gratuitous malice are worse than a spontaneous "H***!" or *D***!", are they not? If not (that is to say, if a colorful though not obscene word under stressful circumstances is worthy of a "zero tolerance" death penalty while repeated malicious and cruel and sarcastic behavior intended only to wound and embarrass is not worth even a mild warning and an announcement that the warning has been given), then the spirit of the forum's rules is surely being selectively and capriciously enforced, and I, for one, do not wish to remain a member here.
communicant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Aug 2019, 08:33 AM   #33
sflorack
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by communicant View Post
As for the "best just to move on" advice, I respectfully but strongly disagree. Applied broadly, such a philosophy would give a free pass to all misbehavers and misfeasors, in all areas of life, and in physical as well as verbal arenas.
The problem is that if the "misbehavers and misfeasors" are unaware of your well thought out rebuttals, the only people potentially annoyed by righteousness is yourself and innocent third parties.

That being said.. I suspect that janusz actually didn't block you (at least not initially) because conversational arsonists enjoy staring fires and watching the show.

(None of this is meant to suggest that I don't agree with you.. you're the one being the gentleman. I'm simply agreeing with TenFour that the only person you're lecturing is yourself.)
sflorack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Aug 2019, 04:50 PM   #34
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

So far, in this thread postings concerning EuMX's technical issues are in clear minority compared with the heated discussion on who is the gentleman and who is the EMD's villain.

Of course this prevents the EMD forum from becoming moribund. Keep up the good work,
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Aug 2019, 08:01 PM   #35
communicant
Cornerstone of the Community

It is good to have firsthand confirmation that the honorable gentleman is a troll, a liar and a hypocrite. More usefully, his future declarations that he is blocking someone can now confidently be assumed to be falsehoods as well. If stating the self-evident in this way gets me banned, then so be it.
communicant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Aug 2019, 09:11 PM   #36
walesrob
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by janusz View Post
So far, in this thread postings concerning EuMX's technical issues are in clear minority compared with the heated discussion on who is the gentleman and who is the EMD's villain.

Of course this prevents the EMD forum from becoming moribund. Keep up the good work,

Maybe you could stop winding people up then. There's no doubt you are the forum's villain.
walesrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Aug 2019, 11:54 AM   #37
ReuvenNY

Moderator's Comment

Please, no personal attacks - civility is number one on this forum!
ReuvenNY is offline   Reply With Quote