EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2 Jan 2021, 04:49 PM   #1
lpn
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 51
uptime and deliverability of some email providers

When looking at my other thread I realized that perhaps the uptime and deliverability are the most important. Now I am asking whether anyone has experience with the following less discussed providers in terms of uptime and deliverability:
  • polarismail.com
  • mailo.com
  • inbox.eu
  • mailfence.com
  • soverin.net
I am interested in the outbound deliverability to Gmail, Microsoft (Outlook and Office 365) and Yahoo and the inboud deliverability, the ability to fine-tune spam filtering or even to completely turn it off.

If anyone knows of any peculiarities of these providers, please share them. For example Polarismail seems to require the 2FA password added after the account one even for IMAP, which would make it hard to use email clients as the 2FA password changes frequently (other providers use separate passwords for IMAP only that can't be used for web login and account management).
lpn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 4 Jan 2021, 11:12 PM   #2
balaji
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 8
I don't know about others, but I have had positive experience with Mailo
balaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Jan 2021, 01:06 AM   #3
ioneja
Cornerstone of the Community
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 598
I've looked at PolarisMail and Soverin.net only briefly so I can't fairly comment on your areas of concern, but at some point I want to take a deeper look, they both seem promising to me for different reasons. If folks have experience with those two, I'm also interested.

I have come to like Mailfence.com over time -- I currently have an account there (which I originally got for testing encryption services) and initially I was frustrated with them (some things are just not as polished as I would like), but over time my opinion shifted to be more positive. I have not had delivery issues so far, and it's been reliable in terms of uptime, although I don't use it as much as other services so YMMV. I like their privacy policy compared to many other services, improved jurisdiction over US-based services, and encryption features (both OpenPGP and password-based with expiration which comes in handy) so it can cover a lot of situations. I do not use it with custom domains, so I can't say how well that works. I have had some minor issues with their webmail interface and message threading though, but in all fairness some webmail just doesn't handle threads as well as other services. Perhaps with time it will get better. You can disable threading so it's not a huge concern compared to other issues, but I wish they would refine it. Overall Mailfence is pretty good IMO. Higher marks than many other services especially with regard to privacy and encryption options.
ioneja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Jan 2021, 05:44 PM   #4
lpn
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by balaji View Post
I don't know about others, but I have had positive experience with Mailo
How long you have been using them? Any particular details about the positive experience, especially if you could compare them with other providers.
lpn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Jan 2021, 05:45 PM   #5
lpn
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by ioneja View Post
I've looked at PolarisMail and Soverin.net only briefly so I can't fairly comment on your areas of concern, but at some point I want to take a deeper look, they both seem promising to me for different reasons. If folks have experience with those two, I'm also interested.

I have come to like Mailfence.com over time -- I currently have an account there (which I originally got for testing encryption services) and initially I was frustrated with them (some things are just not as polished as I would like), but over time my opinion shifted to be more positive. I have not had delivery issues so far, and it's been reliable in terms of uptime, although I don't use it as much as other services so YMMV. I like their privacy policy compared to many other services, improved jurisdiction over US-based services, and encryption features (both OpenPGP and password-based with expiration which comes in handy) so it can cover a lot of situations. I do not use it with custom domains, so I can't say how well that works. I have had some minor issues with their webmail interface and message threading though, but in all fairness some webmail just doesn't handle threads as well as other services. Perhaps with time it will get better. You can disable threading so it's not a huge concern compared to other issues, but I wish they would refine it. Overall Mailfence is pretty good IMO. Higher marks than many other services especially with regard to privacy and encryption options.
Thanks a lot for the review!
lpn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jan 2021, 10:45 PM   #6
balaji
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpn View Post
How long you have been using them? Any particular details about the positive experience, especially if you could compare them with other providers.
I have started using their service from may last year I think. Began as a free user and then upgraded to premium after a couple of weeks. I find them to be no-nonsense email service with low fanfare. They claim to be mindful of users' privacy and I found no issues with respect to deliverability yet.

All standard (IMAP/SMTP) protocols are supported, even EAS. Not just that, they also offer a cloud storage depending on the pack you choose which supports WebDAV. Calendar and Contacts sync are supported through CalDAV/CardDAV/EAS.

Their support could be a little laid back and you may have to be persistent at times, but the need to contact them has been minimal.

Overall, I am happy with them.

Other service that use is MX Route and I don't need to say much about Jarland's service which is awesome

Hope this helps.
balaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +9. The time now is 07:34 PM.

 

Copyright EmailDiscussions.com 1998-2013. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy