EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Miscellaneous > The Off-Topic Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

The Off-Topic Lounge APPROPRIATE FAMILY-FRIENDLY TOPICS ONLY - READ THE RULES!
This forum is for posting anything (excluding topics prohibited by the forum rules) that's unrelated to email. General discussions, in other words.

Old 7 Aug 2017, 09:38 AM   #1
Bamb0
Master of the @

Lots of awesome flash games to enjoy!!

www.au28.com/flashgames/playgames.htm

I already played the fish game

Last edited by Bamb0 : 7 Aug 2017 at 01:48 PM.
Bamb0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 25 Aug 2017, 01:52 AM   #2
kyan

I love playing those games. i remember when i used to spend so much money on games. now i spend all my money on clothes the latest Championx woo wood collection was my latest addition
kyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Aug 2017, 10:55 AM   #3
m0nkey_

This is one of my favorites for card games: https://cardgames.io/
m0nkey_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Aug 2017, 11:57 AM   #4
Bamb0
Master of the @

Thats a good site M0nkey,thank you and welcome to EMD
Old 25 Oct 2017, 08:32 PM   #5
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
I am unsure which site it'd be, but heard from an acquaintance that apparently a lot of old Nintento (8 bits) and Super Nintendo (16 bits) are online now. I don't know what URL that'd be though, but if it's even remotely true, I'd browse there ASAP.

I am a child of the late eighties and nineties (born in 1981 so childhood and puberty in late 80s and 90s) and all stuff from that era, even the guilty pleasures, make me nostalgic: Eurodance (I don't think stuff like 2 Brothers On The 4th Floor, Cappella, Dr Alban, Haddaway, Whigfield, etc would be "good music" really, but the nostalgia element makes me enjoy it whenever I hear it on the radio) , images of the 90s football/soccer games that occasionally get repeated on TV, ... and yes, video games!

As a kid and teenager, I spent hours and hours every week on Nintendo, Game Boy and Super Nintendo. I remember how PacMan and Tetris were still considered "high tech" when it comes to quality of images... My biggest addictions were all Super Mario Bros. games: Super Mario Bros 1 + 2 + 3 (all on Nintendo), Super Mario World + Super Mario Kart (both on Super Nintendo)... Super Mario was my priority, the memories make me nostalgic about childhood again Other games I remember well: Street Fighter II, Lemmings, MegaMan, ...

Then there were the early games for PC (which back then was Windows 3.1 ): "Cats", "Minefield", "Tetris", "PacMan", different card games, a few very early tennis and soccer games, Sim City, a racing game which included the option to build your own race track and then race against a friend or against the computer, ...

I'm getting melancholic here Would be awesome to play those games again, even if only a minority of them would be online!
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Oct 2017, 02:37 AM   #6
mister
Essential Contributor

http://emulator.online/nes/
mister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Oct 2017, 03:38 PM   #7
Bamb0
Master of the @

Lots of good ones here: www.crazygames.dk
Old 16 Mar 2018, 06:12 AM   #8
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

I had a huge trip down memory lane when in one of the pubs I frequent, I noticed a new videogame console. Man, the memories...

They had Street Fighter II (it was like +20 years ago I last played it ; this version allowed to use Balrog, Vega, Sagat and M.Bison, and had added characters not existing in the SNES version such as Dee Jay, Cammy, ...)

They had Mortal Kombat (never liked that one that much, but simply because of nostalgia I enjoyed it)

They had PacMan (that game never ever gets old )

They even had a football (soccer I mean) game from the early 90s with graphics as if it were really still 1990. Also, you could select to play with team USSR or West Germany, countries and national soccer teams not even in existance anymore (well, the unified Germany team is in fact considered to be the legal continuation of West Germany according to the international soccer federation FIFA).

They had some platform games too, although no Super Mario but they did have Donkey Kong and I think I recognised Sonic the Hedgehog...

Oh how time flies. This was a massive saudade to play those games again I used to play as a child and early teenager Such a pity Super Mario Kart wasn't amongst the options (I adore that one!) and pity that the joystick and buttons on a gaming machine are totally different from the ones on the NES and SNES. That means you have to insert multiple coins just to get used to which buttons to press and play for longer than 3 minutes before being "game over".

But still, this was awesome! Nostalgia to full extent!
Old 16 Mar 2018, 06:13 AM   #9
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Makes me wonder: which were the very oldest video games?

I'd guess Pacman and Tetris will be on the list, and it is awesome they're still being played today.
Weren't there some car racing games and pingpong games too that even predated the first Sega and Nintendo consoles?
Old 16 Mar 2018, 07:15 PM   #10
Bamb0
Master of the @

I dont like these NEW multigame cabinets because its all digital.... The games dont sound as good and dont look as good!! (Mostly the sound is not as good)

If im gonna play an early 80s arcade game ON THE CABINET ITSELF I would prefer the originals
Old 30 Jul 2018, 01:26 PM   #11
wikisuk

Its great for people like me who can't afford to get a lot of games or even a console right now
wikisuk is offline   Reply With Quote