EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 9 Jun 2007, 07:11 AM   #1
Moldarin

Arrow Responds to Yahoo! and AOL Mail's unlimited storage

Hi,

What is Runbox's responds to unlimited storage* now provided by both Yahoo! Mail and AOL Mail? Will paying subscribers get the same features from Runbox?

I feel that the value of my Runbox account have been significantly decreased when there are other providers offering unlimited email storage for free.

* Notably with very limited attachment size and bandwidth usage, however.
Moldarin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 9 Jun 2007, 03:58 PM   #2
suzi

I've just about made it to 9% of my 10GB storage on Runbox after years of using them for email - unlimited would mean absolutely nothing to me right now. I won't speak for everyone but I bet there are plenty of Runboxers that feel exactly the same.
suzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Jun 2007, 04:11 PM   #3
Moldarin

I believe the 10 GB cap is meant for business, and not personal users. It makes sense setting an upper limit to business that may require much storage. However a personal user really does not use that much storage anyways...
Moldarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jun 2007, 11:48 AM   #4
greendog

Hey, Moldarin.
Of course we're all businesses here. You are not the only one.

But even 10Gb is marketing sh%t. With pop3 you can't work with 10Gb boxes. IMAP not working well. Web UI sucks.

Unless maybe you're working mostly with graphics/video.
greendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jun 2007, 06:28 PM   #5
4miler

The Yahoo and AOL unlimited storage, for me, have limited value.

Yahoo does not offer IMAP. There was a period where Yahoo did have unofficial IMAP access (search google for Yahoo IMAP), but since I last checked, it is no longer operating.

With AOL, it has a crippled version of IMAP, in that you cannot import any emails into AOL using IMAP. All that AOL offers is IMAP storage for emails that were originally recieived as emails sent to the aol email address. Hence, it is no use for importing your emails from other accounts.

Hence, for me, the Yahoo and AOL unlimited accounts are not interesting from an IMAP perspective.
4miler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jun 2007, 03:52 AM   #6
mbz

E-mail services simply can't compete on storage capacity alone any more.

Runbox do not need to respond to Yahoo's unlimited storage, imo. Runbox have several features that Yahoo does not have, IMAP being one of them.

The thing is, they cannot be compared. And Yahoo still have a message limit on 10mb per message (20mb if you choose to pay).

Yahoo do have a better handling and forwarding of HTML messages, though. And a generally more intuitive and "up to date" GUI. (If you pay, to get rid of the ads, that is...)
mbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jul 2007, 01:59 PM   #7
zen

sure unlimited storage probably doesn't mean much to most people, but free unlimited is. Although I have to 10G, I only use less than 5% of the storage space, I have to pay for that, whereas yahoo offers them for free, why not?
Old 16 Jul 2007, 06:55 AM   #8
digp
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moldarin View Post
Hi,

What is Runbox's responds to unlimited storage* now provided by both Yahoo! Mail and AOL Mail? Will paying subscribers get the same features from Runbox?

I feel that the value of my Runbox account have been significantly decreased when there are other providers offering unlimited email storage for free.

* Notably with very limited attachment size and bandwidth usage, however.
ridiculous basis on which to compete
digp is offline   Reply With Quote