EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 19 Apr 2016, 01:47 AM   #496
George_B
Cornerstone of the Community

Representative of:
PolarisMail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott2020 View Post
Totally understand. It isn't a deal breaker for me certainly, just curious to be honest. Thanks for the details!
z-push usually is used with the 'imap' back-end which is terribly inefficient. It places a huge load on the server and may cause the client synchronization to break down as well.

Horde ActiveSync for example started off with the z-push core but eventually rewrote the whole thing since they were encountering the above bugs.

More details here:
http://wiki.horde.org/ActiveSync#toc29
George_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2016, 01:43 PM   #497
Cory
Essential Contributor

For people who use MXRoute, how good is the spam filtering?
Cory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2016, 07:40 AM   #498
jarland
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
MXRoute.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
Well this is weird for the owner to answer that question but...ah why not. Here goes

Spam filtering ranges from bad to great. Some users are targeted by heavy campaigns that I haven't been able to filter. Other users report nearly flawless clean inboxed where they saw the opposite elsewhere. The backup relays are a work in progress and sometimes allow spam through that might have been stopped directly at the primary MX.
jarland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2016, 06:32 AM   #499
scott2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
To be honest, I would say from my experience it is around 90% catch rate, maybe a little better. I am using other services that are closer to 98-99% and that is what I am used to. I believe mxroute uses mainly Spamassassin with public RBL's like Barracuda, Spamhaus, that sort of thing. He's also installed several custom filters based on spam that has gotten through. In my opinion Spamassassin and public RBL's aren't as effective as some paid services that specialize in spam filtering. Postlayer and MXGuardDog have been more effective and very inexpensive, so I use them as the main filtering and send to mxroute after that. All that being said, I get a LOT of spam attempts, probably several hundred a day.
scott2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2016, 01:47 PM   #500
Cory
Essential Contributor

Thanks for the responses! Very insightful and helpful . I wanted to say I really like your new website as well.
Cory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2016, 12:09 AM   #501
jarland
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
MXRoute.com
Next experiment in offering free email:

https://mxroute.io

I invite you guys to join me. There's literally nothing more than what you see and find, absolutely no defined plan around this. As always, no intent to revoke it.
Old 18 May 2016, 01:30 AM   #502
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

Introduction to FAQ is in English, questions and answers are in German. Is this an encouragement to learn other Germanic languages?
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2016, 01:43 AM   #503
jarland
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
MXRoute.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by janusz View Post
Introduction to FAQ is in English, questions and answers are in German. Is this an encouragement to learn other Germanic languages?
Default application configurations in place and all

A few people had been asking me to try out this software. I don't see it as something that can be a paid product, but I've been wanting to do a solid free offering for a while, something that doesn't weigh on the paid service.
Old 18 May 2016, 08:57 AM   #504
wcg

Looks interesting.

Are IMAP and SMTP available?
wcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2016, 10:07 AM   #505
jarland
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
MXRoute.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcg View Post
Looks interesting.

Are IMAP and SMTP available?
Really screwy implementations. I've got them disabled, not sure that I'll enable them after messing around with them. They're xinetd listeners routing to a binary that then interfaces with the DB.
Old 21 May 2016, 06:54 PM   #506
jdtaylor
Master of the @

That looks a possible system to use but I think there's better ones out there in honest truth,
jdtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2016, 01:18 PM   #507
dodorkahedron

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarland View Post
Next experiment in offering free email:

https://mxroute.io

I invite you guys to join me. There's literally nothing more than what you see and find, absolutely no defined plan around this. As always, no intent to revoke it.
Thank you, jarland. I need a backup email for when there are Fastmail service disruptions (thankfully, not too often these days!); I won't be using much storage space.

First impressions: I like it. I truly prefer the look of the UI to a busier interface and I appreciate that I can use some basic functions without enabling .js. I would gladly pay for this service, at least from what I've experienced by sending a few emails and testing a couple of the functions. Thank you for the opportunity!
dodorkahedron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2016, 01:43 PM   #508
alvinh

Just registered in mxroute.io, then want to check on mxroute.com, found spring promotion, i can't resist it, even i still have main account on other server until 2018, but my sub account will expired at December.

this is much more cheaper than my previous server, and my son ask for email address, thank you for promotion, just in right time
alvinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2016, 07:58 AM   #509
ccl1
Essential Contributor

the ui for the .io site reminds me of zarafa, but it must be something else... or could it be zarafa?
ccl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jun 2016, 05:52 PM   #510
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

Automatic + aliases enabled

http://billing.mxroute.com/announcements.php?id=75
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote