EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Help Needed!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Help Needed! Having problems with your email service, or with the email software you're using? Post your questions and answers here!

Old 12 Apr 2014, 08:42 PM   #1
holden

PolarisMail or Zoho

OK, last topic, sorry for spamming and clustering.
As mentioned previously, i'm looking to move away from google and stop being a product instead of a customer.

I found out about polarismail here on the forums. After seeing how it looks in the demo version, it looks very professional with a plethora of options. How's the privacy with polarismail? And if i understood correctly, i could purchase a 12month inbox for 12 $, and it's 25gb in size? And i get file storage and calendar along with that?

As for Zoho, they offer a free 5gb account, to which i can import my domain. How's privacy there? Plus it says you get 5gb mail and 5gb files, that's 5gb each, right?

So, basically, what i need is a mailbox which is bigger than 1gb in size (oherwise i'd sign up for runbox, but i don't have that amount of $ for more ) which would include a calendar, and file storage is also preferable. Can you share a file with someone not using polarismail via creating a link?

Many thanks in advance for your advice and time.
holden is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12 Apr 2014, 09:01 PM   #2
xmailer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by holden View Post
As for Zoho, they offer a free 5gb account, to which i can import my domain. How's privacy there? Plus it says you get 5gb mail and 5gb files, that's 5gb each, right?
About all I can answer with relative certainty at the moment is that, of the free zoho.com account to which I recently transferred a domain (I have an older one, but haven't really been using it), I thus far have only two of my five available users added, and yes, it appears in the control panel that the available mail storage is (about) five gb per each account, thus 10 gb thus far.

While I haven't really used it enough to say much about the privacy, I've thus far just been assuming its basically the same as a "regular" paid "package" but smaller, but I can't tell you anything definitive about any possible privacy difference. Just that, thus far, no obvious differences have "jumped out at me".

Edit: I may be mistaken, but the best I'm thus far able to quickly determine, each "user" gets 5 gb storage, period. That is, a total of five gb, including both mail and any stored files, not five gb for each of mail plus files. I hope that's clear. Again, that's my own best quick take on the info in the Control Panel.

Last edited by xmailer : 12 Apr 2014 at 09:07 PM.
xmailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Apr 2014, 09:03 PM   #3
soromak
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by holden View Post
OK, last topic, sorry for spamming and clustering.
As mentioned previously, i'm looking to move away from google and stop being a product instead of a customer.

I found out about polarismail here on the forums. After seeing how it looks in the demo version, it looks very professional with a plethora of options. How's the privacy with polarismail? And if i understood correctly, i could purchase a 12month inbox for 12 $, and it's 25gb in size? And i get file storage and calendar along with that?

So, basically, what i need is a mailbox which is bigger than 1gb in size (oherwise i'd sign up for runbox, but i don't have that amount of $ for more ) which would include a calendar, and file storage is also preferable. Can you share a file with someone not using polarismail via creating a link?

Many thanks in advance for your advice and time.
I do not think you have file storage with a basic version of Polarismail. You do have it with an enhanced version, but it costs 24$/year, though. I think it is still a great value for money.
soromak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Apr 2014, 09:09 PM   #4
holden

OK, no biggie, i have my files with Wuala already, so the problem is non-existent

But i do get calendar and notes?

And 25 GB ?

I can't believe someone is offering that much storage for that amount of money. How's the company, stable?
Old 12 Apr 2014, 11:51 PM   #5
Cory
Essential Contributor

As long as you use the Atamil Webmail I believe you do get File Storage with Polarismail Basic, it just shares with your email storage. (In the enhanced version you get an additional 5GBs just for file storage).
Cory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Apr 2014, 04:16 PM   #6
holden

Is that the same interface as that groupoffice one in the demo upon clicking take the tour...?