EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 10 Sep 2012, 07:04 AM   #1
Cory
Essential Contributor

Question FirstClass

Hey,
Has anyone here used FirstClass or heard of anyone who host it (that they've used before)?

Was wondering if I could get any opinions on FirstClass (and their host) or any good alternatives?

We are thinking about migrating to FirstClass.

Thanks!!
Cory is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 26 Sep 2012, 02:11 PM   #2
usf
Cornerstone of the Community

You can open an account here and try it.

https://reflex.at/__MemForm?FormID=110
usf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Sep 2012, 04:59 PM   #3
jdtaylor
Master of the @

Seems a very limited account size these days of 15mb and the website looks rather dated when you log in and even I have struggled finding the location of the reply buttons etc, in my opinion if you want more storage you can get better interface as well elsewhere.
jdtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Feb 2013, 01:46 AM   #4
sgsllc

FirstClass Hosted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
Hey,
Has anyone here used FirstClass or heard of anyone who host it (that they've used before)?

Was wondering if I could get any opinions on FirstClass (and their host) or any good alternatives?

We are thinking about migrating to FirstClass.

Thanks!!
My business, Swift Global Solutions LLC has been providing hosted FirstClass since 2000. We provide FirstClass accounts (includes spam and virus filtering, calendaring, contacts, file storage, and more) plus web hosting within FirstClass, all using your own domain name. We are located in Portland, Maine. Our basic business accounts include 2 GBs of space. More space can be made available. www.swiftglobalsolutions.com
sgsllc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Feb 2013, 02:09 AM   #5
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

Quote: Starting at $40 per month

Ouch!!
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Feb 2013, 01:49 PM   #6
mister
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgsllc View Post
My business, Swift Global Solutions LLC has been providing hosted FirstClass since 2000. We provide FirstClass accounts (includes spam and virus filtering, calendaring, contacts, file storage, and more) plus web hosting within FirstClass, all using your own domain name. We are located in Portland, Maine. Our basic business accounts include 2 GBs of space. More space can be made available. www.swiftglobalsolutions.com
You should contact Edwin for representative status.
mister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Feb 2013, 12:06 AM   #7
sgsllc

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredOnline View Post

Ouch!!
At first glance it sounds like a lot but it includes full support, dns service, spam and virus filtering, sync services, and more. This price also includes up to 10 FirstClass accounts (each with 2GB space), and web hosting. All of our clients use FirstClass for email, workgroup collaboration, and web hosting.

We are running a legitimate business that has been in operation since
2000 and will be around for many years to come.

We also average a lot less downtime than many of the large mainstream email providers. In 2012 we had less than 10 minutes of downtime!
Old 24 Feb 2013, 12:07 AM   #8
sgsllc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mister View Post
You should contact Edwin for representative status.
I'm new to this board. I heard about this board on a web hosting board that I participate on. What is representative status? Thank you.
Old 24 Feb 2013, 12:37 AM   #9
ccl1
Essential Contributor

i believe it is so people can identify you as affiliated with a certain company and not just some spammer
ccl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Feb 2013, 04:03 AM   #10
sgsllc

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredOnline View Post

Ouch!!
We also provide free basic FirstClass accounts for personal use only. In addition to the features of FirstClass, this gives you access to our conferences (forums) which cover a variety of topics including computers, business and finance, entertainment, sports, recipes and cooking, and more. Anyone here who would like a personal FirstClass account is welcome to contact me for more information.
Old 24 Feb 2013, 07:33 AM   #11
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgsllc View Post
I'm new to this board. I heard about this board on a web hosting board that I participate on. What is representative status? Thank you.
A representative status means that you officially represent an email service provider. See also forum rule D. Edwin, the administrator of this board can setup a "representative of:" field. The name of your service will then be displayed below your username. You can ask for it in a private message (PM).
Berenburger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Feb 2013, 10:53 AM   #12
Cory
Essential Contributor

Thanks for commenting! I will look into your company . I hadn't heard of you guys.
Cory is offline   Reply With Quote