EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 21 Mar 2018, 08:41 PM   #1
cmac

got this message when trying to send to a certain address

Apparently some antispam program doesn't like how fastmail sends email? I don't know much about it so I thought I'd ask here. I got this message when trying to send.

The mail system

<address@imtryingtosendto.com>: host filter10.antispamcloud.com[188.138.56.27] said:
550 Sender (mydomainname.com) has no A, AAAA, or MX DNS records. (in reply to
RCPT TO command)

why does this happen? its the only time i've ran into it.
cmac is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 22 Mar 2018, 01:08 AM   #2
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

If you are using FastMail to host the DNS for the 'imtryingtosendto.com" domasin, and are using the default settings, you should raise a support ticket.

If the DNS for the domain is being hosted elsewhere, it is almost certain that the issue is caused by misconfiguration of the settings around the mail exchange servers. If possible, get the DNS provider to assist you in correcting those settings.,
BritTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Mar 2018, 03:27 AM   #3
cmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritTim View Post
If you are using FastMail to host the DNS for the 'imtryingtosendto.com" domasin, and are using the default settings, you should raise a support ticket.

If the DNS for the domain is being hosted elsewhere, it is almost certain that the issue is caused by misconfiguration of the settings around the mail exchange servers. If possible, get the DNS provider to assist you in correcting those settings.,
the "imtryingtosendto.com" domain is not mine. I was just trying to send an email to them however it bounced back with that message. the 'mydomainname.com is a fastmail address I was sending from.
cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Mar 2018, 03:46 AM   #4
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac View Post
the "imtryingtosendto.com" domain is not mine. I was just trying to send an email to them however it bounced back with that message. the 'mydomainname.com is a fastmail address I was sending from.
If "mydomainname.com" is a FastMail owned domain, or your own domain with the DNS hosted by FastMail, raise a support ticket. I have always found FastMail's configuration of their DNS for email purposes to follow best practices, but perhaps there could have been an accident somewhere along the line. The message you received seems to suggest the destination server is verifying the existence of MX records and AAAA (which are IPv6 only) records for "mydomain.com". I think the AAAA records are optional, but the MX records certainly ought to be there.
BritTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Mar 2018, 07:30 AM   #5
TenFour
Master of the @

Maybe I am wrong, but I don't see how he could be using the domain to receive his email without A or MX records. Even if you are just sending email from that domain (no receiving) I would imagine it would kill deliverability to not have the DNS set up normally.
TenFour is online now   Reply With Quote