EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 18 Jun 2010, 05:39 PM   #1
Bond J

Postbox Express

Postbox has released a free version of their product called 'Postbox Express'. Here is a difference between the two editions : http://postbox-inc.com/editions

Cheers!
Bond J is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 18 Jun 2010, 09:15 PM   #2
B4its2L8
Master of the @

Okay, it's morning (7:10 a.m. where I am), so I may not be fully coherent yet, but I'm having trouble understanding the difference between conversation views in "current" folder and "all" folders ("all" folders option not available in PB Express).

Does this mean that, if I'm looking at a particular folder, Postbox Express would only provide a conversation view for messages in that folder ? IOW, if I was in a storage folder for friends' emails it would exclude from the conversation view all related messages located in the "sent" folder ?

Or does it mean something else ?

sd (slowing waking up....)
B4its2L8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jun 2010, 04:09 AM   #3
beq
Cornerstone of the Community

I wonder how this new Postbox Express 1.0.0 would compare to the current Thunderbird 3.0.5 (soon to officially be 3.1) for most users?

Does Postbox/Postbox Express also have IMAP quirks with "Received" date?
beq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jun 2010, 08:36 AM   #4
William9
The "e" in e-mail

Whoa! I'm going to have to study that detailed description of the IMAP date quirk. I've been using PostBox for several months now, and love it. They have released two or three updates in the past several weeks. I don't know if PB it has the same date quirk as TB, but they did fix an issue with some messages not being included in a conversation.
William9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jun 2010, 03:49 PM   #5
sflorack
The "e" in e-mail

As a user of the "full version" of Postbox -- I couldn't see how anyone would use Postbox Express. If you take away Postbox robust search, what's really left to distinguish it from TB?

B4its2L8, you are correct.
sflorack is offline   Reply With Quote