EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 18 Jun 2004, 05:21 AM   #1
lifanus

To Runbox: Any Discount for Students?

Hi Runbox,

I'm a student using runbox for 2 years now, and am wondering if you ever offered any discount for student bodies? Or at least a 50MB reduced price plan for financially challanged people like me?

It's time again to renew my subscription, and I dont have too much money in my poket right now... What should I do???

Thank you.

Li
[Admin: no signatures, please - URL deleted]
lifanus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 18 Jun 2004, 05:53 AM   #2
BKB
Cornerstone of the Community

Join the Affiliate Program, learn a little entrepreneurship .

But to answer your question, no, there are no student discounts at present. You should earn your fee via the affiliate program for referring paying customers.

http://docs.runbox.com/affiliate/help/default.doc

BKB.
BKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jun 2004, 07:20 AM   #3
lifanus

So how much have u already earned from there?

Li
lifanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jun 2004, 09:33 AM   #4
BKB
Cornerstone of the Community

Zero. I am not a member of the affiliate program. But I know others here are. And some, I am sure, have managed to refer 3 people in a year to get a free Runbox account. It is possible.

Great pictures. I especially like the panoramics. And you seem to have quite a bit of traffic on your site. Why not give it a shot? You don't have anything to loose.

BKB.

P.S. Have you sold any of those pictures? And what camera are you using, digital or film?
BKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jun 2004, 07:52 PM   #5
hanslysglimt
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Srcatch our back and we will scratch yours :)

Hi,
Great idea to appeal to the entrepreneurial spirit!
If you join the affiliate program and use it over the year you use runbox I am pretty sure you will make back the cost by referring 3 customers.

Also,
runbox is very easy to deal with, if you scratch our back we will scratch yours back. That is, if you do something valuable for us we will consider giving you the account if for example you are a student.

We dont give away subscriptions in general, but if you are a student or have a good reason for beeing short on cash you can for example do some of this:

Suggestions for valuable things you might do for us:
- An ad in a print magazine (perhaps your school magazine?) we have given away a few free accounts to some people for ads.
- Get a rewiev of runbox published somewhere where a lot of people will se it, online or offline.
- Set up a high quality link for a high quality site to runbox. (Not just any site, thats too easy). But, a nice site with a Google ranking of 5 or more that sets up a direct link to www.runbox.com will most likely get a free subscription if they ask.

Be creative - do something that adds value for runbox, and we will be thankful back. I can promise you that.

Regards,
Hans
hanslysglimt is offline   Reply With Quote