EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 17 Mar 2013, 05:08 PM   #1
Killer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Killer.kkk.sg
upgrade to outlook

I have one question, regardless of the upgrade to outlook.com, will I get to retain my original user@hotmail, msn, live domain?

I read the forum as well googled for an answer, some would say you get to keep both, the user@outlook and retain the msn/Hotmail/live as an alias. I have 2 accounts of @msn and @live of the same userid. That would prove a problem of getting the new outlook name.

I assume this outlook upgrade is not just about using a different interface or just new features?
Killer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 17 Mar 2013, 05:48 PM   #2
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
I have one question, regardless of the upgrade to outlook.com, will I get to retain my original user@hotmail, msn, live domain?
Yes. I use and login with my original Live account and made a new Outlook.com address as an alias.
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2013, 11:02 PM   #3
Killer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Killer.kkk.sg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berenburger View Post
Yes. I use and login with my original Live account and made a new Outlook.com address as an alias.
Thanks for the answer.
Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2013, 01:29 AM   #4
David
Ultimate Contributor

I have a Hotmail address of the same username as my new Outlook.com address, while I cannot login with the old Hotmail username (ie username at hotmail.com) I am able to use it as an alias address.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2013, 02:10 AM   #5
B4its2L8
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I have a Hotmail address of the same username as my new Outlook.com address, while I cannot login with the old Hotmail username (ie username at hotmail.com) I am able to use it as an alias address.
Sadly (from a security standpoint, that is), Outlook is apparently planning on allowing users to sign in with an alias as well as the main account name. This seems to me to be making Hotmail/Outlook's security (with its already small, 16-character password limit) a bit less secure, since users will no longer be able to limit the sign-in username to their (hidden/unused) account name — unless Hotmail/Outlook decides to give users the option to do so.
B4its2L8 is offline   Reply With Quote