EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Help Needed!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Help Needed! Having problems with your email service, or with the email software you're using? Post your questions and answers here!

Old 1 Nov 2021, 10:59 PM   #1
Fenman
Cornerstone of the Community

Plain text in email client for iPad

I'm fairly new to using an iPad. I'm struggling to find an email client that has the option of composing in plain text. (ie not HTML).

Does anyone have a suggestion, please?
Fenman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 2 Nov 2021, 06:38 AM   #2
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Arrow Use Apple Mail iPadOS app

I just tried composing a simple text message using my iPad Mail client. That’s the default Apple email app for the iPhone iOS and iPad iPadOS operating systems. I’m using the latest v15.1 iPadOS version on my 4 year old iPad Pro 12.9 (2nd gen).

The message was generated in plain text only (no HTML, just ASCII characters). The message received had the following content type header:
Code:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
So your solution should already be there ready or you to use! If you can’t find the Mail app, swipe to the left on the Home scree several times until you see the “App Library” search box at the center top. Type in “Mail” and you can find the Apple Mail app. It consists of a white envelope on a bright blue background.

Be sure that you don’t use the Bold, Italics, or other formatting controls. Just type in text.

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Nov 2021, 02:50 PM   #3
Fenman
Cornerstone of the Community

Thanks, Bill

I can see now I was making the false assumption that when the formatting tags were visible, then it would encode in HTML.

I appreciate your patience with simple souls like me!
Fenman is offline   Reply With Quote