EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Help Needed!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Help Needed! Having problems with your email service, or with the email software you're using? Post your questions and answers here!

Old 15 Nov 2017, 12:52 AM   #1
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

MSN Mail

I have a msn acct have not used for a while. Now I want to use it. I need a bit of help. Where are pop3 Servers and where is Forwarding Link? There used to be a forwarding link but I can't find it now Thanks for any help
sheprd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 15 Nov 2017, 02:04 AM   #2
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

Please disregard my previous post because when i send mail from my msn dot com acct when it is received as from outlook dot com. I am not interested in outlook dot com
Old 24 Dec 2017, 01:13 AM   #3
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
Fair enough but I would say Outlook.com is amongst the nicest webmail interfaces amongst the free providers, and due to their service being backed by Microsoft you're sure it'll be around for many years to come. Is it only the domain outlook.com instead of msn.com that bothers you? If you already had the msn.com domain it should still function ; they're all part of the same service, and existing hotmail.com, live.com and msn.com were never deleted to my knowledge. Only for new sign-ups it seems to automatically redirect to outlook.com.
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Dec 2017, 01:46 AM   #4
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

Thanks sunami for your response. I have had msn acct for maybe 15 years. I will give it another try. I am partial to the msn domain as i have had it so long
Old 24 Dec 2017, 01:53 AM   #5
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheprd View Post
Thanks sunami for your response. I have had msn acct for maybe 15 years. I will give it another try. I am partial to the msn domain as i have had it so long
I am not entirely sure, but new sign-ups are either hotmail.com, outlook.com or outlook.cctld domains.
Already existing accounts using the msn.com domain should be fine. I never used it myself, so not entirely sure, but I never read any article announcing that existing msn.com users would have their domains changed. New sign-ups with msn.com aren't possible anymore, which is a pity because the domain indeed is short and sweet. That said, Outlook.com is a nice domain too (I am not too enthousiast about the name "Hotmail" but due to its popularity I guess few people would bother that the name is a bit childish)
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Dec 2017, 03:17 AM   #6
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

I have found that there are no new sign ups with MSN domain I am working with MSN to see if i can still use my old acct with MSN been a while since i used it
Old 24 Dec 2017, 04:41 AM   #7
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

See:
https://www.msoutlook.info/question/...ookcom-address

I believe that after 270 days (9 months) of inactivity on a Microsoft email account (msn, live, outlook, hotmail) all messages are permanently deleted. After an addition 3 months (one year of inactivity) the account is completely closed. So if you haven’t logged into your msn email account in over one year it is probably gone forever and you won’t be able to get that (or any other) .msn email address.

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Dec 2017, 10:25 AM   #8
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

Thanks n5bb I finally got in to my MSN acct guess i used it a few months ago. I used to have an acct user@live.com Think i will try logging in with this address and see if this old acct is still active
Old 24 Dec 2017, 11:09 AM   #9
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

In most cases you will have multiple aliases under your single Microsoft account. In Outlook online, click your photo (or the icon) in the upper right corner (to the right of the ?) and choose:
  • Edit profile
  • Manage your sign-in email or phone number
You should then see all of the aliases currently assigned to your Microsoft account. This will include outlook.com, hotmail.com, live.com, and msn.com email addresses.

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote