EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 4 Nov 2001, 10:41 AM   #1
Jeremy Howard
Ultimate Contributor

Lightbulb New autoformat feature

Not to be outdone by Rob's funky polling window, I figured I'd sneak in a new feature myself while he's off hiking around the countryside (the whole of Melbourne basically comes to a standstill this weekend because of holidays dedicated to a horse-race, believe it or not!).

So, click 'Compose' and check out the new 'Format' feature in the bottom-right popup menu. It implements the automatic formatting described in this document. Basically, it wraps your message at 72 columns (as happens when you send anyway), and is smart about wrapping quoted lines, keeping formatting of bulleted/numbered lists, and so forth.

If you got an ASCII table or ASCII art thingy then you won't want that bit autoformatted. Just prefix each line you don't want formatted with a '#' and that line won't be touched.

You'll all be pleased to hear that the spell-checker is now working again...

And I've made one other little (but cute) change. Can anyone see what it is?
Jeremy Howard is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 4 Nov 2001, 11:42 AM   #2
OtaconTV

I'm just starting to use the webmail instead of outlook express becuase it's easier, so I'm not sure but I don't remember this being there before:

Welcome to FastMail Tom Veatch. It's coming up to twenty to eight in the evening . Your last successful login was at Sat, 3 Nov 2001 5:09 PM

Is it the twenty to eight thing?
It's just an idea, but you and rob should have competitions to see who can come up with the best feature.

Last edited by OtaconTV : 4 Nov 2001 at 11:45 AM.
OtaconTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Nov 2001, 01:33 PM   #3
Jeremy Howard
Ultimate Contributor

Quote:
Originally posted by OtaconTV
Welcome to FastMail Tom Veatch. It's coming up to twenty to eight in the evening . Your last successful login was at Sat, 3 Nov 2001 5:09 PM

Is it the twenty to eight thing?
Bingo!

Quote:
It's just an idea, but you and rob should have competitions to see who can come up with the best feature.
Don't be silly--Rob and I are much too professional to be competitive; besides which everyone knows that my features are better than his...
Jeremy Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Nov 2001, 11:04 PM   #4
Kyle Babich
Cornerstone of the Community

lol
Kyle Babich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Nov 2001, 03:57 AM   #5
ikxu

Thumbs up great

Yes I noticed them when I logged in.
I like to check my email at the web site at least twice per day to see what is going on at the site.
Great Jeremy!!!
I do think that Rob is a great PR man though
ikxu
ikxu is offline   Reply With Quote