EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 12 Jun 2020, 10:57 PM   #16
ewal
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadaso View Post
This doesn't happen to me. It might be browser dependent, so I guess it should be reported with the details of the browser used.

I also tried it on the phone (Samsung Galaxy) and there the whole address is editable, but if I change the domain I get an error message when I try to send saying that the domain must match the domain in the identity.
Thanks hadaso, let me play around with different browsers/apps and see if things are different. If I still have an issue I will raise a ticket. Meantime hope life is good. Ed
ewal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jul 2020, 09:11 AM   #17
Grhm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewal View Post
This is not working for me properly.
I've never experienced that - it works fine for me - but I've noticed a slight change in behaviour recently. I was wondering if Fastmail have changed something to address the problem you describe. Is it still happening?
Grhm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jul 2020, 05:05 PM   #18
ewal
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grhm View Post
I've never experienced that - it works fine for me - but I've noticed a slight change in behaviour recently. I was wondering if Fastmail have changed something to address the problem you describe. Is it still happening?
Hi Grhm (graham?)

Still the same issue. I tried using the web inteface in both Chrome and Edge. The subdomain.domain.tld part is not directly editable - instead if I click on that field it gets pushed to the right and opens up an empty field allowing me to add anything. So effectively I get a nested subdomain in the form of [email protected]

Interestingly when I reply using a dedicated Fastmail app (Android in my case) I can edit the subdomain part but when I 'send' I get a pop up with following:

Quote:
Send Failed!
This email address is invalid (......)
Ed
ewal is offline   Reply With Quote