EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 7 Sep 2006, 09:34 PM   #1
smallcheese

Remove SPAM subject prefix after using 'Not Spam' button

When I get false positives in my Spam folder, I use the 'Not Spam' button to report the false positive to Fastmail, which also moves the message back to my Inbox.

However, when the message goes back in the inbox it still has the 'SPAM' prefix that the anti-spam module has prepended to the subject line.

Does anyone else agree that it would be a simply grand idea that this prefix could be removed automatically once a user has decided that the email isn't really spam after all?

Cheers,
Tom
smallcheese is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 8 Sep 2006, 05:12 AM   #2
PaulRenegar

I think that would be a GREAT idea. I have noticed this on some of the false positive's I have received, and it continues to say that it is SPAM.

I think there are some plugins for Thunderbird and Mail.app that will let you modify such titles, but I haven't ever experimented with any of them.

- Paul
PaulRenegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Sep 2006, 11:46 AM   #3
registered_user

I think for people who use the web client, that would be a great idea, and it's one of those kind of obvious features that it's not surprising no one thought of before, but once it is thought of, it doesn't make sense not to have.

For those of us who never use the web client, there are options (that unfortunately don't let us train the server's spam filter without logging into the web client, but one thing at a time).

Details on the extension for Thunderbird that allows rewriting the subject line (among other things) can be found here.

And some info on rewriting subject lines in Outlook can be found here.
registered_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Sep 2006, 08:56 PM   #4
smallcheese

Excellent, how many people do I need to say that it's a good idea before the developers decide to add it in?!!
smallcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Sep 2006, 01:02 PM   #5
erica79

I think it's a great idea!
erica79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Sep 2006, 03:26 AM   #6
Cantello

I second that!

Even though 'Report as not SPAM' is quite useless at the moment... :-)
Cantello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Oct 2006, 01:45 AM   #7
KevinS

FM response?

I just started using this feature and found that the "remove the {SPAM}" from the subject action would be a natural thing to do. Isn't the intent to not have the message be thought of as SPAM? Has anyone contacted FM about this? I haven't seen an FM response in this thread so I'll open up a ticket as a feature request.
KevinS is offline   Reply With Quote